Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 11:36 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,365,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm a hippie vegan twig-people type person, and I think people have the right to stuff their faces and get as fat as they want, though I wouldn't object to surcharges on their health insurance plans to offset the costs associated with their self-imposed obesity.
You might want to update your research. Gary Taubes' "Good calories, Bad Calories" is a good place to start.

Meat and saturated fat are heart-healthy. The only thing unhealthy about a cheeseburger is the bread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 11:36 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You mean hamburgers with Thousand Island dressing? MacDonald's and the Big Mac came to Dallas decades ago!
Only more evidence that Texas is so much more welcoming. I think that is exactly what Sam was saying. Not that it is something new, but in fact, a long history of it.

Here is an interesting article :

In The Future, Everyone Will Live in Texas

Old 06-23-2012, 11:49 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,365,745 times
Texas definitely is welcoming, and there's nothing wrong with In-N-Out Burgers. They didn't quite live up to the hype, but the burgers are good.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:11 PM

9 posts, read 31,342 times
Quote:
Texas definitely is welcoming, and there's nothing wrong with In-N-Out Burgers. They didn't quite live up to the hype, but the burgers are good.
I remember the hype of going to them in California...tried them in Texas...not the same. OK but something is missing.

Same with 5 Guys...when they hit Washington State, they were the rage until the new-ness fever died off. Still good business during peak times though.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
You might want to update your research. Gary Taubes' "Good calories, Bad Calories" is a good place to start.

Meat and saturated fat are heart-healthy. The only thing unhealthy about a cheeseburger is the bread.
Mmmmmmmmmm kay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Only more evidence that Texas is so much more welcoming. I think that is exactly what Sam was saying. Not that it is something new, but in fact, a long history of it.

Here is an interesting article :

In The Future, Everyone Will Live in Texas
It's already getting too crowded for my liking here. Every few weeks or so I think about bailing.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Mmmmmmmmmm kay.

It's already getting too crowded for my liking here. Every few weeks or so I think about bailing.
What's that phrase? Something about being masters of our own undoing?

Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 AM

871 posts, read 2,689,314 times
Quote:
Because we don't have zilllions of people from Virginia moving here contributing to sprawl then complaining about the sprawl, the "soulless" suburb they insisted on living in because they could get 3,000 craptacular square feet for what it would cost for a shack in California, complaining about the weather, complaining about the landscape, complaining about how it's not like California, etc. We get a lot of transplants from a lot of places but speaking personally the only ones I find annoying sometimes are Californians and New Yorkers because apparently Dallas sucks compared to those places. If you're not happy here, don't complain to me; I don't care. Just move back where you came from.
Well, my point is just that as much as you are annoyed by your experiences of California transplants complaining, there are many (like myself) who are annoyed by Texans who want to complain about CA based business simply because they are from California and these Texans are fed with California transplant complainers so they want to take it out on other people. Take it out on the California transplants, not businesses like In-N-Out, which is just a company that happens to have originated in CA, just as Five Guys just happened to originate from VA.

Taking it out on In-N-Out is also nonsensical IMHO because it assumes that they are only here because of CA transplants giving them business. Go to the DFW In-N-Out's and survey where people come from who eat there: I think you'd be surprised how many "native Texans" are eating there. The times I go I see a lot of Rangers and Cowboys gear and hear a drawl from many patrons, but that's just my observation.

Bottom line though: Fighting fire with fire (or, to be very clear: complaining because of other people who complain) never works IMHO.

Last edited by pappy97; 06-25-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 AM

112 posts, read 314,657 times
Parker Rd./Plano In N Out open now. No lines no waiting.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:37 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
I think In-N-Out maxed out on their stores here. No need for anymore. Most of the ones I have been to were busy. Not swamped but busy.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:01 AM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times
Default Do you think In-N-Out is overrated?

Yesterday, I went to In-N-Out in Lancaster.

I had a Double-Double and my friend had a Cheeseburger.

My thoughts:

The burger was good, I thought it would be better.
The fries are not so good. They were dry and kinda stale.
I was surprised to only see a few items on the menu. I heard about the secret menu but it's only a small variation of the burgers/fries.
The restaurant was clean and neat.
Overall it was pretty decent, but the burger could have been better (sadly it wasn't) I believe In-N-Out is highly overrated!

Here's the pictures I took
Attached Thumbnails
In-N-Out burger?-0629122318.jpeg   In-N-Out burger?-0629122320.jpeg   In-N-Out burger?-0629122325.jpeg   In-N-Out burger?-0629122325a.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas