Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

HEY! I see Metro Matt up there in that line.
You know? That would work!! That particular location is one of the few that doesn't have the red tile roof!! HAHAHAHA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 03:27 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,867,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
You know? That would work!! That particular location is one of the few that doesn't have the red tile roof!! HAHAHAHA
It does not have any windows either. OR Palm trees? They really branched out on designing that one.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:35 PM

Ooo. I just found a day old photo of the Dallas location on dallasnews.com:

http://eatsblog.dallasnews.com/0330inout1.JPG (broken link)

That is about 6 weeks behind the Frisco location. Good deal.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:36 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,867,023 times
It's a good thing I don't work in that building next door any longer for the Dallas location. It was bad enough being able to see NorthPark Mall out the window. LOL!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,744,800 times
Quote:
COOL! I knew it! Their representatives on Facebook, right up until this week, kept telling people "we hope to open our Frisco and Allen locations in late May". I was thinking that sounded way too far away when observing construction. They are all but done with construction. Their website still only gives interview dates. Can you supply us with a link to that article, please? Good find!

See? Just about finished:
It's better to give a later date and be able to open earlier than to announce a date and have to push it back. And yes construction might be rocking along but if there's any problems with the city, utilities, the Certificate of Occupancy, etc. it can mess up the schedule. And it's not always a matter of opening the next day.

When I opened my sandwich shop I had to coordinate with corporate for Grand Opening support. They do openings on Tuesdays. Period. And corporate has to sign off on everything just like the city does. The city required us to change the way the hand sink drained. The contractor made the changes but the architect (directly working with corporate) did not get approval through for the change from corporate. So when they came down for the construction sign off corporate said it had to be changed. Turned out we had to push our opening back two weeks.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:16 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,206 times
Ok, so wait, is Frisco REALLY opening on April 29th or was that a joke? I will not be very happy if it was a joke

Old 04-01-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
It's better to give a later date and be able to open earlier than to announce a date and have to push it back. And yes construction might be rocking along but if there's any problems with the city, utilities, the Certificate of Occupancy, etc. it can mess up the schedule. And it's not always a matter of opening the next day.

When I opened my sandwich shop I had to coordinate with corporate for Grand Opening support. They do openings on Tuesdays. Period. And corporate has to sign off on everything just like the city does. The city required us to change the way the hand sink drained. The contractor made the changes but the architect (directly working with corporate) did not get approval through for the change from corporate. So when they came down for the construction sign off corporate said it had to be changed. Turned out we had to push our opening back two weeks.
This is very true. I knew better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Ok, so wait, is Frisco REALLY opening on April 29th or was that a joke? I will not be very happy if it was a joke
It was a mean April fool's joke.

Could be worse. At least not as mean as the April Fool's joke played on New Yorkers last year. Signs all over the city announcing IN-N-OUT was coming to New York. Turned out to be an elaborate April Fool's joke.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:34 PM

137 posts, read 328,954 times
Quote:
It was a mean April fool's joke.

Could be worse. At least not as mean as the April Fool's joke played on New Yorkers last year. Signs all over the city announcing IN-N-OUT was coming to New York. Turned out to be an elaborate April Fool's joke.
And the impact of that April Fool's joke in NYC just shows how much national recognition this small regional California chain has.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 PM

137 posts, read 328,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
It does not have any windows either. OR Palm trees? They really branched out on designing that one.
The view in the photo is of the side of the building. There are no windows to the right of the entry doors because that area is the rest rooms and back of the house (storage, scullery, prep areas, etc)

There is most-likely windows to the left of that entry and also along the front. The other side of the building most likely has the traditional kitchen windows on the drive-thru.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
And the impact of that April Fool's joke in NYC just shows how much national recognition this small regional California chain has.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
The view in the photo is of the side of the building. There are no windows to the right of the entry doors because that area is the rest rooms and back of the house (storage, scullery, prep areas, etc)

There is most-likely windows to the left of that entry and also along the front. The other side of the building most likely has the traditional kitchen windows on the drive-thru.
Oh no. My apologies. That was an inside joke between me and MOM! She was responding to my photo and being facetious. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas