Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times

Advertisements

This website, Silver Jewelry, sterling silver jewelry, silver earrings, silver rings, free jewelry - from silverjewelry.com, was recommended on the Nate Burkus show today (see Nate Berkus: The Official Website of The Nate Berkus Show). They claimed it to be completely legit with no strings.

Supposedly, all new jewelry these companies give away on this website is to test the market I guess. The freebies change by the hour/minute, etc., and you can sign up to be notified when the future items are to be shown.

Looked it over and it seems okay. Guess it's all in whether you think the merchandise is worth the $7 to $8 postage shipping fee.

Another website Nate (isn't he the cutest thing??? ) recommended was
1 Sale A Day, Daily Deal. Significant savings (around 75%) but not freebies... they change their daily specials each day for each product category.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-17-2011 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Thanks so much and it is WONDERFUL to see you!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,452 times
I checked out 1SaleADay.com and saw a bunch of e-mails regarding broken, used and otherwise unacceptable items. Cheap but not usable and no customer service to speak of. I have not personally tried any of the sale items but I guess it's buyer beware.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrike Howells View Post
I checked out 1SaleADay.com and saw a bunch of e-mails regarding broken, used and otherwise unacceptable items. Cheap but not usable and no customer service to speak of. I have not personally tried any of the sale items but I guess it's buyer beware.
Ugh... guess we need to let Mr. Nate know since he specifically recommended it on both his show and on his website. I'll be sending him an email notification.

Thnx for the followup info, Ulrike!

Update: Notification sent 1/18/11 10:50 a.m.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-18-2011 at 09:51 AM..

Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
I saw that show too, and even thought about coming here to share. hmm...guess I'm too slow for that sort of thing. But yeah,that Nate...so easy on the eyes.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Paying that amount of shipping isn't a deal.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Can I ask them to ship me Nate Berkus? I'll pay an additional $10 for shipping.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 AM

I've ordered a couple of kid toy items from them and never had a problem. It wasn't super high quality....but it only cost a PENNY! It was comparable to the other cheap stuff I buy at the dollar store and my grandson was just excited about getting something in the mail.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrike Howells View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
Ugh... guess we need to let Mr. Nate know since he specifically recommended it on both his show and on his website. I'll be sending him an email notification.

Thnx for the followup info, Ulrike!

Update: Notification sent 1/18/11 10:50 a.m.

Okay Folks, I received this following reply back from 1SaleADay.com today. I had sent my notification directly to the Nate website and they, in turn, must have forwarded it directly on to 1SaleADay:

Quote:
In a message dated 2/8/2011 4:23:42 P.M. Central Standard Time, support@1saleaday.com writes:

Dear Xxxxxxxx,

We received your concern via the Nate Berkus Feedback inbox, thank you for bringing your concern to our attention.

While we certainly aim to avoid any unpleasant customer experience, and have a Better Business Bureau rating of "A", there are some negative consumer reviews about us online. However, given the volume of traffic our website receives and the volume of orders that have been placed, the complaints are like a drop in the sea of our happy customers. Our website received over 106,000,000 visits from Dec. 1, 2009 to Dec 1, 2010. In addition, we received approximately 1,000,000 purchases during that time period. The amount of complaints for example on the ConsumerAffairs.com website are 9 complaints in 2010, all which have been responded to. That is literally 0.001% of the overall purchases we received the last year.

Additionally, many of the complaints cited were resolved in the customers favor but the customer never revised their negative feedback. This happens sometimes when customers write complaints before we have a chance to resolve the issue. In fact the vast majority of customer issues were remediated by fully compensating the customer for their loss and inconvenience. With thousands of items being sold it is inevitable that a certain percentage of products will have issues. When we compensate customers they rarely revise their negative feedback so unfortunately the complaints appear to be outstanding when they have in fact been resolved.

Overall the complaints are infinitesimal compared to the number of satisfied customers. In fact you can check out our public Facebook fan page and see the volume of positive feedback from our over 35,000 loyal Facebook fans.

Alice Kim
Alice Kim | Customer Service Manager | 1 Sale A Day LLC
www.1SaleADay.com

Old 02-09-2011, 06:12 AM

What a nice note of response!

I guess it depends on what you order. I've always been more than happy with what I've ordered on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff