Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 09:06 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Here are the Kindle books being offered for free today - 2/14/19.

These Kindle ebooks can be read on the Kindle, but also on your computer with the kindle program, or the kindle app on many different mobile devices.

Also, Kindle book prices change frequently, so make sure it’s $0 before you checkout.

Today’s top rated books: Drama/Fiction
Thriller/Mystery/Action
Science Fiction
Cooking/Food
Religion
Romance
Fantasy
History
Biographies/Memoirs
Business
Humor
Other
Children’s/Teen
Horror
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 09:36 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,762,355 times
Thank you. Found one today, CyberStorm. It's being made into a movie and has a lot of good reviews. I have high hopes for it.

Then there was this:

"The two young men eventually find themselves on the workforce at Three Mile Island nuclear plant in central Pennsylvania. Everything is 'sycodelic' for awhile, until Hurricane Agnes floods Three Mile Island, placing it four feet beneath the surging Susquehanna River."

The title was intriguing enough to make be read the blurb. The story line didn't really appeal to me but if the author couldn't be bothered to spell check the summary (i.e., psychedelic), I can only imagine what the rest of the book would be like.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:48 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Thank you. Found one today, CyberStorm. It's being made into a movie and has a lot of good reviews. I have high hopes for it.

Then there was this:

"The two young men eventually find themselves on the workforce at Three Mile Island nuclear plant in central Pennsylvania. Everything is 'sycodelic' for awhile, until Hurricane Agnes floods Three Mile Island, placing it four feet beneath the surging Susquehanna River."

The title was intriguing enough to make be read the blurb. The story line didn't really appeal to me but if the author couldn't be bothered to spell check the summary (i.e., psychedelic), I can only imagine what the rest of the book would be like.

Arrg. I can't get CyberStorm. I don't have KindleUnlimited. I love disaster/apocalyptic books and movies. I recently read Stephen King's The Mist. I enjoyed it as much as the movie, maybe even more.

I finished The Time Machine yesterday. I can honestly say the old 1960s (50's?) movie is ten-times better than the book. How unusual is that?!

MP1, it is so much fun reading though your lists. I look forward to a new list every day. I found two more today -- Inferno and The Three Musketeers. I'm debating whether to download a Shakespeare, just to see if it's a bad as I remember from high school's "forced reading".

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:34 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,762,355 times
Javacoffee, so some books are free only if you have KindleUnlimited (which I do)? Interesting.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Javacoffee, so some books are free only if you have KindleUnlimited (which I do)? Interesting.
Yes, it'll say up front that the download is for Kindle Unlimited.

But I find plenty of free reading material on Amazon without spending $9.99 a month for Unlimited. It just takes me longer to find it, I guess. It seems to me that most of the free books offered to Unlimited members are the self-published variety that real book publishers won't waste time on. For me, it just isn't worth the monthly cost.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:50 PM

You're making the mistake many of us seem to have made. Don't look at whether or not it's part of the Kindle Unlimited Program. Those people will just click read.

Look at the price. The price is 0.00 - so click on buy and that's what you'll pay. Nothing!

Old 02-14-2019, 07:51 PM

Rowan, I'm really glad you're finding things to save for a rainy reading day! Thanks for your posts!

Old 02-14-2019, 07:54 PM

Javacoffee, thank you for your posts, too. I'm very happy to see you're able to find free books that interest you enough to download them!

Old 02-14-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're making the mistake many of us seem to have made. Don't look at whether or not it's part of the Kindle Unlimited Program. Those people will just click read.

Look at the price. The price is 0.00 - so click on buy and that's what you'll pay. Nothing!
You're right, MP1! I just downloaded the CyberStorm book. I thought if I clicked I'd be starting an unwanted "trial period" for Unlimited. But that didn't happen,,, at least not that I can see.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:21 AM

It won't happen, so not to worry. Always look at the price and ignore the other. You would have to go through the process of signing up for the Kindle Unlimited Program in order to be able to just click on Read - and that's a process that requires more than one click.

So look at price and if you're happy with that, click on buy and you'll be good to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff