Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 04:53 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times

Advertisements

On weekends, no more $2.00 to get to our beaches. It will be $3.00.
Week days will be the same, $1.00. Hooray for the locals! It's not going to get pricier for locals who know not to use SR 1 on weekends, since Rt. 13 has so little traffic.
I never use SR 1 during weekends, and only sometimes on weekdays.

PORTFOLIO: Route 1 tolls to increase in Delaware
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 05:04 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
On weekends, no more $2.00 to get to our beaches. It will be $3.00.
Week days will be the same, $1.00. Hooray for the locals! It's not going to get pricier for locals who know not to use SR 1 on weekends, since Rt. 13 has so little traffic.

Thus far I have not seen, read nor heard when this is starting. I would assume almost immediately since summer is the season they will make the most money but the newscast I heard last night indicated they did not have a start date as of broadcast time. Just heard it on the radio, but again, no start date.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:15 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Thus far I have not seen, read nor heard when this is starting. I would assume almost immediately since summer is the season they will make the most money but the newscast I heard last night indicated they did not have a start date as of broadcast time. Just heard it on the radio, but again, no start date.
No, they don't have a date yet. They're working out the details with E-Z Pass to see how much notice they need. I say, the sooner the better. When I go 65 mph on SR 1, the out of state drivers leave me in the dust.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:19 AM

347 posts, read 863,442 times
Good thing there is an exit just before the toll to get us home the "back way". I am always amazed at how many people get off at exit 136/Middletown on their way to the beaches for a Wawa stop or to load up on groceries at Acme or Super G. Yesterday there were Firefly fans filling up coolers in the parking lot outside of the grocery store.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:35 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
No, they don't have a date yet. They're working out the details with E-Z Pass to see how much notice they need. I say, the sooner the better. When I go 65 mph on SR 1, the out of state drivers leave me in the dust.
I will follow this inception with interest. In NY, there would be, oh, I don't know, maybe a six month - year wait. Once you met with EZpass they would have to implement the change in toll amount and rewrite a program, but that would only be once they had their meeting with E Z pass!!!

Old 06-20-2014, 02:04 PM

405 posts, read 675,948 times
Quote:

Same here. I take the "Dollar Road" only when I'm in a hurry or my bosses make me. And then they pay for it, not me.
On my own, I take rt13 all the way over the Saint George's bridge.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
I wonder how many daytrippers will be discouraged by that extra dollar each way???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware