Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 12:08 PM

52 posts, read 46,454 times

Advertisements

She sits under the tree at the south entrance of the Dover Walmart on Jerome Drive. I don't know her name and wouldn't ask because when she fakes being homeless why would I trust she's giving me her real name?
It isn't illegal to hold up a sign asking for help or money. It is illegal to approach people and do that.
I checked with DE State Police to be sure.

So you know her on sight, as she may also prey on other good hearted people in different areas of Dover, picture the actress Sissy Spacek only with full lips like Angelina Jole. She has light hair, like a pale blond/brunette.
She sits under the tree at the south entrance of Walmart. And if you stop because you believe her, "I'm homeless" sign, she walks to your window and looks all tearful and whines, "I'm sooooo hungry!"

I gave her eight bucks one day because I bought it. My hubby come to find out gave her his last $20 two weeks before that.
A couple of weeks ago we saw her at Royal Farms in their seating area. A good hearted man had apparently bought her line and was buying her lunch.

She's not homeless. She's scamming tax free money from good hearted people. She gets dropped off at Walmart around 3p.m on Friday and most days of the weekend. Her husband picks her up around 5 or 6 pm in a new model Dodge Ram pickup truck with a customized plate on the front bumper; "BIG PAPA".

Just an FYI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 01:55 PM
JPT

16 posts, read 46,679 times
If she truly is scamming people, then thanks for letting people know.

With that being said, I feel often times that many of us are too quick to rush to judgement, not knowing the full picture or set of circumstances for many of these people. There are a whole population of homeless who live in their car. This could be the case with this woman. The fact that the car is new might have raised a red flag for you, but how do you know someone wasn't just giving her a ride? Do you know for a fact that the driver was her husband? How do you know they own that vehicle?

These are the kinds of questions I would ask before I wrote someone off. This is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:58 PM

927 posts, read 758,657 times
A lot of them are hooking and can't be overt about it. But they're hoping.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:57 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
This is nothing new, a lot of people fake being homeless. I personally new an older guy who lost a leg due to amputation. He used the excuse of not affording his prescriptions. He told me he made a killing with his now amputated leg. He really didn't need the money for his prescriptions. He also said if he didn't get at least $10.00 an hour, it wasn't worth it to him.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:29 PM

435 posts, read 453,758 times
Don't ever give the homeless anything directly. Donate to reputable charities including shelters or food pantries instead.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:16 PM

52 posts, read 46,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
A lot of them are hooking and can't be overt about it. But they're hoping.
That very well could be. However, I don't think that's the case with this woman. It's the same guy that picks her up every time after he's dropped her off. He has two different Dodge Rams. One gray and one black. And they all have that same custom plate on the front.
If she's hooking that is even worse. Though we do know there are people around here that drop off many women for that purpose. The new pimp game.
I don't think that is the case with this woman. And I don't think a hooker would lean in and kiss her pimp when getting out of the truck and getting back in either.
And the other thing is, if this is a friend dropping her off so she can beg for money as a true homeless woman, what kind of friend is that that isn't giving her a place to stay? When they'll give her a ride to beg in the summer sun for money. I wouldn't call that a friend.

Here, I'll give you a ride so you can stay homeless but maybe make some cash.But I won't give you a room?
Think they charge for gas $?

Old 08-28-2019, 06:45 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,519,932 times
Reminds me of the crew of "homeless kids" that were begging in my neck of the woods last summer. When they thought no one was looking I would see them pull out their iPhone..

Old 08-28-2019, 06:49 PM

Or better yet. I was in Philly a few years back taking my mother to a doc at a Philly hospital. Before I pull into the parking lot this guy with a dress shirt and tie comes running out of nowhere - "thank goodness, someone from New Jersey. I don't have enough money to get back home to Cherry Hill. Can you spare a 20?"

Old 08-28-2019, 09:38 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
Or better yet. I was in Philly a few years back taking my mother to a doc at a Philly hospital. Before I pull into the parking lot this guy with a dress shirt and tie comes running out of nowhere - "thank goodness, someone from New Jersey. I don't have enough money to get back home to Cherry Hill. Can you spare a 20?"
No, I was going to ask you for money.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:17 AM

It's sad. I have a lot of experience with the homeless. I could tell stories all day.

I will give food but never cash. My grandfather taught me this. But you have to move quickly. I don't stand around and chat. I did this quite a bit when working in south Philly. Once a week I would go out for lunch and I would hand a bum standing outside a bag of food. Usually a burger, fries and coffee.

Walking into a Wawa a few months back. One of the homeless kids with an iPhone was standing outside. A girl this time "I need money to get home". I looked her in the eye and said "are you hungry, I will buy you a sandwich and soda". She said no. I have never met a homeless person who said no to food.

Just want to conclude my contribution to this thread. I don't suggest people give food. Many of these people if not most are mentally ill. They can be a danger to you and others. That is why I move fast and I don't chat. And as I get older I do less of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: