Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2021, 05:48 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times

Advertisements

I was in the Giant in Millville several times last week and was one of the
few wearing a mask.

As far as the vacationers in the Bethany Beach area are concerned, the virus is over. Our development was crowded with large family groups.

I later stopped at the Trader Joe's near Wilmington and just about everyone there was wearing a mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 06:52 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,912,548 times
I never stopped wearing a mask while shopping indoors. In fact, I still wear two. I shop at the Millville Weis and I've noticed it's about 50/50 with the masks this past month. I had my hair done this week though and most were maskless.

I told hubs we aren't going back to the gym anytime soon either. Masks are also back at his work place.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:16 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
I never stopped wearing a mask while shopping indoors. In fact, I still wear two. I shop at the Millville Weis and I've noticed it's about 50/50 with the masks this past month. I had my hair done this week though and most were maskless.

I told hubs we aren't going back to the gym anytime soon either. Masks are also back at his work place.
If you could only see me. The last time I set foot inside the beauty salon was March of 20. I now have a lovely pony tail - all I need is saddle shoes, a poodle skirt, white blouse and bobby socks and would be ready for a sock hop. Once we lose the humidity, I will leave it pulled back and ditch the pony. My hair is below my shoulders and has not been this long in about 30 years!! I am still not willing to go into the beauty salon. I had plans for BS and church in Sept. It is starting to look more and more like neither will be happening.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:48 AM

829 posts, read 629,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
If you could only see me. The last time I set foot inside the beauty salon was March of 20. I now have a lovely pony tail - all I need is saddle shoes, a poodle skirt, white blouse and bobby socks and would be ready for a sock hop. Once we lose the humidity, I will leave it pulled back and ditch the pony. My hair is below my shoulders and has not been this long in about 30 years!! I am still not willing to go into the beauty salon. I had plans for BS and church in Sept. It is starting to look more and more like neither will be happening.
We went from 3/5/2020 to 5/28/2021 without a haircut. I kidded that our hair looked pretty much the same as it did when we started to date in the early 70's. My hair was to the middle of my back and my husband was in full hippie mode. We have hair appointments in 10 days and I'm having serious doubts.

Funny you should mention the Giant in Millville, Nefret, as it was there in June that a man did a double take and then just stopped and stared as I walked past him on the parking lot with my mask on. I suspected he was making a point akin to ridicule at my masking, as I'm very average in appearance and nothing that would warrant a second look, much less his little dramatic show. In the store, I was one of the few who had a mask on.

At first, I think my husband thought I was over-reacting or being an alarmist when I told him I was no longer comfortable eating indoors, but he is now in total agreement. I think many formerly careful people are having a hard time accepting that things have shifted and returning to a more cautious lifestyle.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:43 AM

153 posts, read 319,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post

We have been cutting each other's hair since this all started. There is no way we are taking a chance inside any hair salon and we won't until this pandemic is over. The same goes for eating indoors, going to church, department stores, malls, etc. For us it's akin to taking unnecessary chances. Except for 1 take out trip at Chick Fil A we haven't eaten at any restaurant. This may be extreme but we haven't missed it at all. When this is all over though, we'll be eating out at buffets and restaurants for 30 days straight.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:32 AM

829 posts, read 629,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaponies View Post
We have been cutting each other's hair since this all started. There is no way we are taking a chance inside any hair salon and we won't until this pandemic is over. The same goes for eating indoors, going to church, department stores, malls, etc. For us it's akin to taking unnecessary chances. Except for 1 take out trip at Chick Fil A we haven't eaten at any restaurant. This may be extreme but we haven't missed it at all. When this is all over though, we'll be eating out at buffets and restaurants for 30 days straight.
People can think you/we are extreme, but I think you reduce stress and anxiety when you follow the things you feel will keep you the safest. It's possible we could get Covid, but at least we'll feel that we did what we could to avoid it.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:07 PM

153 posts, read 319,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
People can think you/we are extreme, but I think you reduce stress and anxiety when you follow the things you feel will keep you the safest. It's possible we could get Covid, but at least we'll feel that we did what we could to avoid it.

Lyndyb - So true. I don't care what everyone else thinks. We have to do what we think is in our best interests. Even then, there is still some stress/anxiety.

Cases are still going up, over 1200 in Maryland today. Let us know what you plan to do with your hair appt.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:54 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 68,162 + 197
KENT 19,776 + 130
SUSSEX 27,903+82

HOSPITIALIZED 172+ 7
CRITICAL 27 -2

Thankfully we did not lose anyone yesterday.

Old 08-21-2021, 11:36 AM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 68,353 + 191
KENT 19,866 + 90
SUSSEX 28,009+106

HOSPITIALIZED 175+ 3
CRITICAL 27 n/c

We lost 3 people yesterday.

Don't we need to ask if isn't a bit late in the situation to be losing so many people. We have a lost a total of 1854 family members and 157 of them are in the last month.

Old 08-21-2021, 12:10 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,912,548 times
Nuts--Can't blame you though! I waited for months to see my hairdresser because of covid. I looked pretty scraggly by the time I went.

My husband no longer goes to the hairdresser and has me cut his hair instead. He was the one who had covid bad over a year ago and seems to catch it easier and was very ill. So....I mask up indoors to protect him and others, not so much me because all I ever got when he had covid was a rash.

lyndyb--I was so angry reading your post about the man at Super G and then when I read it was the one near me...ugh. I didn't realize we had people like that around here. This was one of the first areas where I saw masks before it was even mandated (with me being one of the very first ones to start wearing one!). That guy needs to learn how to mind his own business. Not sure how it affects him that others choose to still mask up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware