Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2023, 06:54 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,511,274 times

Advertisements

I thought this was an interesting article about some towns making a comeback. https://www.capegazette.com/article/...box=1699300047 As many of you know, I am a Delaware native, but moved out in 1977 and have lived in Pennsylvania for a long time. It's been sad seeing my hometown of Milford kind of fall apart and lose its businesses in the center of town. I liked reading this!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2023, 08:00 AM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Milford, as well as other small towns, have been revitalizing for some time now. I never thought I'd make the trip from the Dover area, down to Milford to see a movie. But their new 9 screen theatre is state of the art....heated seats, and all!
https://milfordmovies9.com/about--contact

A newer, upscale restaurant is really doing well in Milford. You get what you pay for!
https://benvenuto-restaurant.com/

Old 11-11-2023, 12:56 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,154,866 times
Maybe the food is good at the new Italian restaurant, and I know there are always kinks to work out, but the menu is questionable.

First, is it Italian food or not? It features the most basic Italian dishes (Olive Garden basic) but mixes them with dishes like chicken pot pie, pumpkin bisque, and steak and potato meals. Kind of like the restaurant investors wanted to appeal to a big cross-section of diners while getting them to pay more.

Second, the menu needs editing.

*Caesar is spelled right in one spot and "ceasar" in another
*"Tarter" sauce (tartar)
*Linguine & Mussels is described as having "mussells"
*Chicken "Milanaise" (Milanese)
*"Sauage" Bucatini

And the biggest howler of all: "Maccheroni" de (di) Mare. It's basically seafood macaroni, a common dish in many American restaurants, but they're using the Italian spelling of "maccheroni" to make it look fancy and justify the $47 price. Meanwhile, you can get "macaroni & cheese" as a side dish. Plus, maccheroni describes a certain type of pasta that looks like rigatoni, while the actual pasta they use is the telephone-cord-like cavatappi.

They win back some points on the alcohol menu for being more precise and sticking more with the Italian theme. They should have put the bar manager in charge of the food menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: