Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:45 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,425,454 times

Advertisements

Smoothies Yum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 01:32 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,584,379 times
Hi, I been real lucky because I don't have any swollen gums. My swollen gums went down the same day I had the surgery for some reason and had no pain either. My big problem now is my heart. Family doctor gave me a check-up before my surgery and found I have a problem called Palpitations.

Thanks, John

Old 12-07-2007, 02:37 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,449 times
Well John it has been over two weeks, and I was able to eat two days ago
My diet
Packages of instant mashed potatoes( Four Cheeses) are really good and flavorful
Pimento Cheese Spread with a very soft bread was the main course at first
Puddings/jello
Refried beans
Split Pea soup/Lentils
Cream of Chicken/ Chicken Noodles/ well cooked Ramen noodles
Wendy's Chocolate frosty" was a treat
banana cake/applesauce cake or Spice Cake/ w Cream Cheese Frosting
Any fish filet's /fish sticks Gorton's or Walmart brand.
Bananas/ canned pears and peaches
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
And plenty juices and liquids
I also used the tea bags ( someone suggested) on another thread and bleedind and swelling stopped almost instantaneously; Thanks to the person that posted this.
I had other complications but now I am eating fine.
I just sometimes forget I don't have my teeth and go to bite things and "Ouch>>>>>>

Old 12-07-2007, 02:53 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hi, I been real lucky because I don't have any swollen gums. My swollen gums went down the same day I had the surgery for some reason and had no pain either. My big problem now is my heart. Family doctor gave me a check-up before my surgery and found I have a problem called Palpitations.

Thanks, John
John - Did he give you a "technical name" for the palpitations? (i.e. atrial fibrillation/atrial flutter or something else?) I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming he will be doing a cardiac workup? My dad was diagnosed with "palpitations" when he was in his early 60s - he was put on meds, did fine and lived to be 81.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:57 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,547 times
Quote:
I just had oral surgey four days ago to remove three broken off teeth. So now I have only five upper teeth left. Will I have to eat soup till I get my false teeth? Wondering how long do I have to wait till my three wounds heal up before I can get false teeth? Thanks, John
Oh, good lord, John, what a post. Yes, you can eat plenty with no teeth. I think you can eat anything you want with no teeth, in fact. Just cut things up really small. Or you can eat noodles or ground beef or soft cheeses. You can have soup with rice in it. You can drink egg nog. Pour yourself some wine! Blend some fruit in a blender. Butternut squash soup with coconut milk is wonderful. Creamed spinach! There is a whole world of slurpy stuff that you can partake in. Life is a bounty, with or without teeth. Enjoy!

Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM

I'm 47 years old and she just said I need to go to a heart doctor. My parents died from heart attacks but they where in there 70's.

John

Old 12-07-2007, 03:06 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,192 times
Quote:
I'm 47 years old and she just said I need to go to a heart doctor. My parents died from heart attacks but they where in there 70's.

John
John - Don't "freak out" by the palpitations. Go see a cardiologist as she said and go from there. Palpitations (my Dad had atrial fibrillation, but called them palpitations) can be handled with meds if they need to be - he was on Inderal for awhile and then later on, he was on digoxin.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the heart information. She gave me a test you know with all the wires and she said the readings are normal but she heard a problem with one of my heart veins. Like it was jumping sometimes. Everybody has been telling me it's just nerves.

John

Old 12-07-2007, 03:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
Thanks for the heart information. She gave me a test you know with all the wires and she said the readings are normal but she heard a problem with one of my heart veins. Like it was jumping sometimes. Everybody has been telling me it's just nerves.
How is your blood presser? I just recently was diagnosed with hypertension I actually went to the Dr. for weird heart palpitations.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:06 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,449 times
Quote:

John
Since she said that the EKG/ECG was normal I wouldn't be too concerned
sometimes arrhythmia's are caused by a number of things ; medicines a list of things including anxiety, If she feels that you need further testing to rule out certain possible problems that may arise because of your predispostion (family hx) of Cardiac related problems, but anything an cause your heart to go out of rhythm temporarily. Ask her to do a workup it won't hurt, some blood tests ie:
Cardiac enzymes and Echocardiogram/ Stress test/ Doppler/Holter Monitor. these are noninvasive and can put your mind at ease knowing that "your ticker is working fine"
I hope you feel better soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health