Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:15 PM

17 posts, read 21,789 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm new here so I'm hoping that you guys can help me with the tons of questions I have about some different cities.

But for right now, I want to ask some questions about relocating to the Denver area. I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and I'm not too happy here. It's a long story why I want to leave; it's just getting boring here and there's not many fun things to do.

I love the idea of moving far away and starting new some day soon. I've been thinking about it for a couple years now.

Denver seems like a nice place. I hear it's one of the best cities, economically, in the country, and there's so many outdoor activities to do.

I'd love to know more about the Denver area and what some nice suburban towns are. If anyone can direct me to websites about it all, I'd really appreciate it. If you have stories that you relocated to Denver, or if you have lived there all your life, please let me know anything you think may be helpful in my research. Also, what are the pros and cons of living in Denver?

I'm originally from New Jersey, but my family moved to a small rural town outside of Pittsburgh when I was about 3 years old. We moved into the city just over a year ago. Pittsburgh isn't what I thought it was when I was growing up outside of it. I'm not too happy with the people anymore and more importantly, the job scene.

I'm currently enrolled in college and I'll be a sophomore this fall. I was thinking of relocating after I graduate in 2015 then getting my Master's (MBA) in Denver. So what colleges/universities are nice around Denver?

Any info would help me out, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 12:22 PM

17,712 posts, read 29,844,231 times
Just lurk here for the next few months.
Spend many hours reading the posts.
Read them all.
You will learn a lot about Denver.

And, practice picking your nose. It is a necessary skill here in Denver.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:40 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,127,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Just lurk here for the next few months.
Spend many hours reading the posts.
Read them all.
You will learn a lot about Denver.

But the dry air makes for the most incredible boogers!

Seriously though, the best place to get an MBA would be the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver, but it is pricey because it is a private school. Other places (University of Colorado-Boulder, University of Colorado-Denver) would also be pricey because you will pay out of state tuition. Regis University also has an MBA program.

You could get an MBA from Colorado Christian University as well.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM

345 posts, read 914,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post

Eww and TMI!! It is not a necessary skill, they do have tissues here lol.

I am not sure where you read or why you think we have escaped the problems the rest of the country has economy wise. We have not and it is ugly everywhere, some states have it worse then others.

You need to visit here, it is far different then PA. Less trees, more brown and etc. Maybe take a road trip and visit the cities in different states you are interested in. Then when you find the one or two and are about 6 months from moving start applying for jobs.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 PM

345 posts, read 914,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
But the dry air makes for the most incredible boogers!
Jeez we need a gag or puke smiley Mike.

Is this a guy thing? Tissues are good, they work nicely but I have a feeling you both look at them even with one.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:21 PM

@gmm_24 I definitely will be taking a trip there someday before I decide to move there

Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 PM

88 posts, read 168,920 times
I agree with gmm_24. You need to come visit here first. Do you have any friends here or relatives here?

Things to do in Denver, Colorado - Your Vacation Destination | VISIT DENVER

Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,302,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adore837 View Post
So what colleges/universities are nice around Denver?
Best bet is get educated elsewhere and then move here. Colorado puts very little emphasis on education. For example, the president of Metro State, Stephen M. Jordan, was educated in Colorado. Apparently he didn't learn a thing, as he believes illegal immigrants deserve to pay less tuition than legal, taxpaying Americans.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:49 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,785,938 times
I like Denver, I think there's a lot of appealing things about it. It's certainly a worthwhile city to move to as far as I'm concerned. It's not a "big" city with a never-ending list of things to do, but it's big enough to offer a certain amount of culture. Plus the rocky mountains are nearby.

coming from the east coast, probably the biggest things you'd need to get used to would be the dry air, lack of rain, and the rather brown surroundings. The dry air would be considered a good thing by some people and an annoyance to other people, so you have to just make up your own mind about that.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan arellano View Post
I agree with gmm_24. You need to come visit here first. Do you have any friends here or relatives here?

Things to do in Denver, Colorado - Your Vacation Destination | VISIT DENVER
I don't have anyone there. But I'd bring some of my close friends along and we'll make a summer road trip one year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver