Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 11:40 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,196,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Next time tell them you think your back or neck is hurting. They have to send an officer for a possible injury accident. Even if later you decide it was just bruised up a little.
Exactly- this type of accident (rear ended by someone distracted on a cell phone) gets you a win in the Lawsuit Lottery.

If the guy had insurance (and a lot of it!) Frank Azar will hook you up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 02:12 PM

7 posts, read 6,026 times
Thanks for clarification, a vested interest in keeping the roads clean, keep tourists and conventions coming to the city by making it nice! Everywhere else I visit does the same.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,762,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
...which results in cultural momentum of "no raindrop feels responsible for a flood."
Or, as cartoonist Hilary Price once put it...

One shopping cart left in the lot: Tsk, tsk.
Two shopping carts left in the lot: What a bunch of lazy creeps shop here.
Three shopping carts: Okay to leave yours, too.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:35 PM

Good stuff, I'll have to remember government excuse #1 we don't have the money for such mundane things as picking up litter.

Some may read this and realize this is Denver Colorado, in America with a kinda working tax base and not a poor country. I like the comparison to Mexico, Indonesia, Peru etc, the future of Denver perhaps, if we only had a beach.

Also not a fan of using prison labor for highway work, reminds me too much of Cool Hand Luke.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:32 AM

824 posts, read 705,490 times
if they could find a way to LOWER taxes and keep the streets cleaner I am all 4it.
can we re elect mayor Hickenlooper?

Old 06-05-2019, 08:42 AM

Exclamation Trash continues to mount.

So its been a few weeks since my original post and contacting CDOT with mixed results on why the highways in Denver metro can't be cleaned more often. On June 3, 2019 exited at University from I-25 northbound going into the Wash Park area (a very nice area of Denver) and the same trash from the winter is there, may be there until next winter to start the whole cycle over.

When I worked in civil service years ago and cleaned roads & parks my boss was from Eastern Europe, came with little to this country but always demanded we keep every park and road spotless. In his poor village he said it was always spotless because its a reflection on the people who live there. They may not have much but they were very proud of their village because it was theirs.

Maybe CDOT bosses and the new residents who have moved here still don't think Denver is their community!

Old 06-07-2019, 12:58 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,809,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Quotes A Lot View Post
About two months ago, I was rear ended on Evans and Grape. I had been stopped at a traffic light for about 6 seconds or so at the point of impact. The guy driving the Toyota Tundra than nailed me at 35-40 mph was probably distracted or texting on his phone. The impact was so forceful that it pushed me into the car in front of me. The damage to my vehicle was over $10k alone, not including the rental I had for two months and whatever other damage that was incurred.

Odd thing was that I called the police immediately, and they directed me to fill a report out online. That was it; that was the only response I received from law enforcement. That really bothered me. The last time I was in a much less severe fender bender (a left turning vehicle turned into me going straight), they did send out a police officer to both fill out a report and issue tickets to the offender (who also did not have insurance). I was really disappointed with DPD's (lack of) response.

That's just general laziness that isn't acceptable in other states. I don't mean to insult CO for being out of touch with reality but with regards to state and local government as well as business restrictions it's like the "Old West" (think "Back to the Future 3"). So it's basically California without the regulation.

Today I found out I had a ding on my credit rating thanks to Denver Health after I submitted receipts after a change order for medication was paid out of pocket for over $700 (never got reimbursed by former employer & sort of just ignored).

The situation essentially changed into me not getting my money back or having claims processed properly by my former employer and United Health Care putting me on notice with Experian.

It's annoying, they cancelled a credit card that I had for 10 years and never called or sent letters regarding subsequent issues with Chase, Experian, or Denver Health. Nobody can give me straight answers about this. Yet Chase still wants to collect whatever is remaining on the card which is a few hundred dollars (with a 5K credit limit).

Rant over as I found out today today, but I feel the law's attitude in CO is much like getting screwed by Denver Health is basically a Hippy / Lazy lackadaisical attitude like a "We'll get back to you" sort of maneuver but they never do.

As much as CA has issues, good luck with getting any of the above completed without the long d*** of the law getting involved.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:35 AM

So progress is being made with the road debris in the Denver metro area. I've seen a lot more of those yellow/orange trash bags filled with crap that has fallen off/out of trucks and cars. I still hope the good people of Colorado and visitors to the state can keep trash in their vehicles long enough to empty them when they fill up at a gas station or charging station or elsewhere.

Hope to also see the yellow trash bags collected before they open up and restart the cycle.

Thanks CDOT!

Old 06-16-2019, 12:35 PM

695 posts, read 998,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
That's just general laziness that isn't acceptable in other states. I don't mean to insult CO for being out of touch with reality but with regards to state and local government as well as business restrictions it's like the "Old West" (think "Back to the Future 3"). So it's basically California without the regulation.

Today I found out I had a ding on my credit rating thanks to Denver Health after I submitted receipts after a change order for medication was paid out of pocket for over $700 (never got reimbursed by former employer & sort of just ignored).

The situation essentially changed into me not getting my money back or having claims processed properly by my former employer and United Health Care putting me on notice with Experian.

It's annoying, they cancelled a credit card that I had for 10 years and never called or sent letters regarding subsequent issues with Chase, Experian, or Denver Health. Nobody can give me straight answers about this. Yet Chase still wants to collect whatever is remaining on the card which is a few hundred dollars (with a 5K credit limit).

Rant over as I found out today today, but I feel the law's attitude in CO is much like getting screwed by Denver Health is basically a Hippy / Lazy lackadaisical attitude like a "We'll get back to you" sort of maneuver but they never do.

As much as CA has issues, good luck with getting any of the above completed without the long d*** of the law getting involved.
Not to hijack this thread, but I'm not clear on why your credit got dinged by Denver Health after paying for the medication out of pocket, unless it was paid very late. Not clear who cancelled the credit card, Chase?

Getting a credit card cancelled will definitely ding your credit.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:18 AM

Default Colorado Environmentalist do they care any longer!

Its been a while since I moved away from Colorado, but upon my retrun very little has improved with the trash around the I-25 Denver corridor. Although many places in the conutry are worse, Denver back in the 1990 and 2000's was a very clean place, parks, roads, highways. Years of democratic state control who always say they are more environmental than replublican's seem to have forgot that travelers through a state look at this. Sure the mountain roads are better but the road from DIA to Colorado Springs and north through Denver are a minefield of crap. Some of the blame does need to go to the towing companies that don't pick up ALL the car/truck parts from accidents. Blame can also go to the increasing number of pickup trucks that seem to drop trash along their travels, please cover your loads. And yes its windy in Denver so stuff blows everywhere, but there was a time this was all cleaned up on a regular basis. As a motorcyclist who would rather be in the left lane (more run off area) I clearly see the trash/lumber/metal car parts that can kill a rider if they need to make an emergency maneuver. Sure you can get shot on most of the US highway's these days and that gets everyone's attention, but increasingly I tell people America is heading towards life like "Back to the Futrue II" when Biff ran the town, it was crappy... Be safe out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver