Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 01:57 PM

3 posts, read 5,362 times

Advertisements

Hi evryone
I am moving the Denver Kuwait this Dec. I want to buy a new SUV and I was looking for new car prices in Denver and I was surprised from the difference in the prices between Kuwait and Denver. I bought my new 2009 GM Envoy for 20,000. And it’s over 25000 in the US

I always thought the price in the stats is cheaper than outside considering taxes and shipping.

Can anyone recommend the best way look for new car deals

Thank you

Marzouq
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 02:03 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
One thing you need to check carefully is the type of exhaust and emission controls.

Cars/SUVs in the USA run on un-leaded fuel ONLY and they all have catalytic converters.

If the SUVs for sale in Kuwait meet USA standards there is no problem. Some vehicles are made for countries where fuel contains lead and the vehicles have no catalytic converters, thus they are cheaper.

If you buy an SUV in Kuwait, who pays to ship it to the USA, that is bound to cost thousands.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:55 PM

I think you did not understand me Mike ( my mistake)

I dont want to bring my car to the stats, I want to by want an SUV in Denver but the diffrance in the price between Kuwait and Denver is much.

I thought its cheaper in Denver

Marzouq

Old 10-22-2009, 10:47 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4topgun View Post
Hi evryone
I am moving the Denver Kuwait this Dec. I want to buy a new SUV and I was looking for new car prices in Denver and I was surprised from the difference in the prices between Kuwait and Denver. I bought my new 2009 GM Envoy for 20,000. And it’s over 25000 in the US

I always thought the price in the stats is cheaper than outside considering taxes and shipping.

Can anyone recommend the best way look for new car deals

Thank you

Marzouq
From Kuwait to Colorado --- IN DECEMBER?! You must love punishment! It's cold in December in Colorado! Kuwait weather in no way compares with Denver!

Why Denver? Just curious.

BTW, from where in Kuwait?

Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
From Kuwait to Colorado --- IN DECEMBER?! You must love punishment! It's cold in December in Colorado! Kuwait weather in no way compares with Denver!

Why Denver? Just curious.

BTW, from where in Kuwait?
Why Colorado? first I love the clod and snow it will be a great experiance . the other thing is. back in 1984 I visited Denver for a few days I loved the place, I know its changes over the years but I always wnted to live in denver.

I I just retierd and I will be going to an art school in denver, I was in the air force at Ali alsalem air base.
Matzouq

Old 10-23-2009, 10:55 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,779,504 times
It used to be that the cheapest place in the U.S. for new cars was Oklahoma and people looking to get good deals would fly to Oklahoma, buy their car, and drive it back. I don't know if that's still the case.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 AM

549 posts, read 1,380,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4topgun View Post
Why Colorado? first I love the clod and snow it will be a great experiance . the other thing is. back in 1984 I visited Denver for a few days I loved the place, I know its changes over the years but I always wnted to live in denver.

I I just retierd and I will be going to an art school in denver, I was in the air force at Ali alsalem air base.
Matzouq
LOL... well, you will certainly get the cold and snow you desire in December! And, let me be the first to say Marhubba on your moving to the states. You will certainly be in good company with the presence of military around the Denver area.

I visited Kuwait in 94 and 97. Don't think I would want to live there, but it was a good experience. I would certainly like to try Dubai though. I, too, am wanting to move to Denver. But, our economy, though improving, is keeping me from doing so presently.

Don't know why the cars are so very different in cost. I did some checking on car dealerships in Kuwait and it was interesting that they did cost less than in the US. Maybe since a lot of parts and manufacturing of autos is now in Mexico and other countries, it could have changed the price? I don't know, but it is interesting.

Good luck on your move.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:28 AM

360 posts, read 1,126,606 times
Maybe try ebay, just remember the best priced vehicles may be out of state, in sunbelt states, where SUV's are not as much in demand due to lack of snow. I would take into consideration the fuel criteria as well, I'm sure the fuel prices in Kuwait are nothing like they are here.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:42 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,774,882 times
SUVs and 4-wheel drives are pricier in Denver, that's just part of the market demand here. And yes, you are going to pay a lot more for gas in the states than Kuwait, but still a lot less than Europe and other high tax countries. At least you should have considerably less traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: