Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:09 AM

211 posts, read 299,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
If he is working in AA why not live there?
I am not familiar with Plymouth. I know Northville was also suggested so I was going to suggest Novi which has a lot of apartment communities. I cant give a specific one to recommend.
He has to go to Detroit as well.

Novi, Northville and Plymouth aren't really for young professionals. Almost all are with families. Seems like Royal Oak/Ferndale or bust!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 11:28 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor85 View Post
He has to go to Detroit as well.

Novi, Northville and Plymouth aren't really for young professionals. Almost all are with families. Seems like Royal Oak/Ferndale or bust!
If you define "young professional" as "stereotypical urban scenester" then yes, Royal Oak, Ferndale or Midtown/Downtown are the only places for them. However, there are plenty of professionals (and non-professionals) in their 20s spread throughout the region. Believe it or not, not everyone cares for the all-party all-hipster lifestyle.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:29 PM

211 posts, read 299,386 times
My friend lives here in the Philly area:

Riverview Landing | Apartments For Rent In Eagleville PA

He was looking for something similar in the metro D area. I think him and his roommate pay 1450 for a 2 BR.

Since he heard that the cost of living in the metro D area is cheaper than Philadelphia, he was looking to pay something a little less than 1450 but I couldn't find him anything that looked like that in the metro Detroit area at those prices....

Old 05-27-2014, 08:15 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
If you define "young professional" as "stereotypical urban scenester" then yes, Royal Oak, Ferndale or Midtown/Downtown are the only places for them. However, there are plenty of professionals (and non-professionals) in their 20s spread throughout the region. Believe it or not, not everyone cares for the all-party all-hipster lifestyle.
That is not really true.

I would peg the number of college graduates from the west side suburbs he named that stay put in the community at less than 5 percent.

Plymouth has a very small number of young people moving there.

Northville....virtually none.

He was essentially correct.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:34 PM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
That is not really true.

I would peg the number of college graduates from the west side suburbs he named that stay put in the community at less than 5 percent.

Plymouth has a very small number of young people moving there.

Northville....virtually none.

He was essentially correct.
Do you have any data to back this up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit