Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 09:36 PM

7 posts, read 11,209 times

Advertisements

That Monday, I was coming home from dental visit. I was home by 5pm and was drench all the way through. My sister who lives on I-75 & South Chrysler Drive in Hazel Park a bottom apartment had 3 inches of water in her apartment. Her and boyfriend, three cats, and adult son had to wait out the rain. They had no car and no money because they just paid rent. Authorities would not let anyone leave while it rained and flooded. The next day her boyfriend and son and cats waited for water level to go out of apartment. They had no where to live. I live in one bedroom apartment that almost looks like studio with bedroom and bathroom. Her boyfriend and son pulled up the wet carpet when water was gone. Threw out whatever got wet. They even help the landlord pull up carpet for other apartments. They were told they could stay but did not now when carpet would be replaced. The city did bring in fans and other machines to help dry up the water. Following Monday, landlord gave all 15 bottom apartments eviction notices. I live by check by check. So do they. I know they had no rental insurance let alone health insurance. They should have been thrown out the first day. Not lied too! They should have gave them time to find a place to live. They did leave with last months rent and deposit. How long will that last? Hello Hazel Parkers you have some sad landlords out there! Keep your head above water be safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit