Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 AM

1,678 posts, read 4,011,950 times

Advertisements

Here is my workout regiment:

First off, I always workout after I wake up in the mornings (or afternoons if I am working nights), about 30 minutes after I eat. Below is an example (with regards to what I am doing this week). Understand I work rotating 12 hour shifts, and I try to do my workouts so I don't have to get up extremely early most of the time.

Eating: I eat basically a heavy meal in the mornings (600-900 calorie, moderately lean, lots of meats and veggies,with MILK). This keeps my energy up through the day. I will eat a light fruit snack (a bananna, or apple, or orange) mid morning (after I have a cup of coffee), a light sandwich (turkey, cheese, bread) for lunch, a piece of fruit or veggie in the afternoon, and a VERY LIGHT dinner (usually a couple slices of lunch meat (Oscar Meyer), and a small glass of milk), so that I can settle my stomach before going to bed (I don't wake up hungry this way). My total calorie intake is about 1400 a day.

Day 1 (Sunday): Weightlifting; I do my chest (bench), shrugs, shoulder lifts, tricepts and quads/hamstrings. Cardio; Interval training on a treadmill (start with 1 min of 3mph walking, 1 min of 4 mph walking, 2 min of 5mph light jogging, 1 min of 4mph walking, 1 min of 8mph sprinting, 1 min of 4mph walking; I do the interval 1 min of 4/8mph walking 7 times and then I do a 3 minute 3mph cooldown walking, and the whole time the treadmill auto inclines to a 5% grade). Situps; 4 sets of 25 crunches in the morning, 4 sets of 25 crunches in the evening.

Day 2 (Monday): Weightlifting; Bicept curls, forearm curls, wrist curls, back exercises, calf lifts. Cardio; Same as Day 1. Situps; Same as Day 1.

Day 3 (Tuesday): Off.

Day 4 (Wednesday): Same as Day 1.

Day 5 (Thursday): Same as Day 2.

Day 6 (Friday): Off.

Day 7 (Saturday): I just do a cardio and situps like Day 1.

Day 8 (Sunday): Off.

Day 9 (Monday): Same as Day 1.

Day 10 (Tuesday): Same as Day 2.

Day 11 (Wednesday): Off.

Day 12 (Thursday): Same as Day 1.

Day 13 (Friday): Same as Day 2.

Day 14 (Saturday): Off.

Then, the cycle starts all over again. About every 3 months, I will take a week completely off from working out, to give my body a chance to completely rest, and feel refreshed.

Ian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 07:11 PM

427 posts, read 550,235 times
Not a bad idea, but didn't someone already do this in the exercise and fitness thread?
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss