Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 04:43 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times

Advertisements

Top 10 Guilty Restaurant Pleasures

"The secret, of course, is to cheat wisely. That's what this list, compliments of the forthcoming Eat This, Not That! 2012 edition, is all about: Food for every craving that will keep you trim and slim. So, go ahead and cheat. You've earned it!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 764 times
I lost 15 pounds doing slim-fast, it was hard at first bc I was hungry but after I got the hang of it, I lost about a pound a day initially and it slowed down to a pound or two a week.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrn1117 View Post
I lost 15 pounds doing slim-fast, it was hard at first bc I was hungry but after I got the hang of it, I lost about a pound a day initially and it slowed down to a pound or two a week.

I don't think they mentioned that in the article. But that first big loss was because you had less food in you and your body gets rid of "water weight" first and then gets to fat burning. 1-2 pounds a week is good and a healthy weight loss rate. Now if you go off the slimfast you just have to make meals adjusted to your new lower weight. I can't give you a # without knowing you stats. But it should be around 300-400 calories per meal or more depending on if you snack, how many meals you have per day, and your current weight/activity level.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 AM

4,659 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Freaking ridiculous. Eat grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish, pastured eggs, and fresh vegetables every day, and you might find that a "loaded chicken wrap" from freaking Popeye's sounds disgusting, rather not like an "indulgence" at all, let alone a "smart" one.

Especially sad is the recommendation to "indulge" in a quarter pounder from McD's, which tastes like cardboard, instead of a delicious, juicy, fresh burger from Five Guys, which tastes quite like a burger is supposed to taste. Talk about defeating the purpose.

This author is 100 percent part of the problem, and 0 percent part of the solution.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Greasy, sodium laden fast foods should never be reward or treat foods. They should just be avoided at all costs.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:14 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Greasy, sodium laden fast foods should never be reward or treat foods. They should just be avoided at all costs.
I don't know. Life's too short to never ever eat french fries.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:17 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't know. Life's too short to never ever eat french fries.
True on the french fries. I have been known to splurge on garlic fries at the ball park.
I like to make my own fries in the oven.

I was thinking more along the lines of the burgers and other trappings at fast food joints. The fries are probably the healthiest thing coming out of those places!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss