Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 AM

178 posts, read 355,839 times

Advertisements

I have heard this from so many people at gym that they use raw egg yolks in their protein shakes as it is the great source of natural protein. I have discussed about it with so many people, some think it's dangerous, some say it is disgusting and some say its great to have. I intend to increase my protein intake so I was wondering to have raw egg yolk in my shakes, but its like yuckksss! for me.. What are your views on this subject ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 AM

4,966 posts, read 3,329,707 times
You would have to be very sure those eggs have no salmonella etc ,
and if you have any illness/health issues the advice is not to eat raw eggs ,
now when I was young many persons had raw eggs for breakfast but back then we did not have all the contaminated foods.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:04 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,722,817 times
Drinking Raw Eggs: Is it Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

^^^ good write up on it.

I wouldn't eat it just because if you do have a food poisoning from it, that can affect your kidney health later in life.

Plus. eww.
LOL

Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 AM

13 posts, read 46,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpearl View Post
I have heard this from so many people at gym that they use raw egg yolks in their protein shakes as it is the great source of natural protein. I have discussed about it with so many people, some think it's dangerous, some say it is disgusting and some say its great to have. I intend to increase my protein intake so I was wondering to have raw egg yolk in my shakes, but its like yuckksss! for me.. What are your views on this subject ??
I am a physique competitor and I do not add raw eggs to my protein shake post workout. I do have a protein shake w/my BCAAs afterwards but as far as raw...that would be a no go for me. Personally, I don't think that raw egg will make or break you. Just make sure you get the adequate amount of lean protein to support your activity.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,819,494 times
IF you decide to do it, get the very best quality eggs you can find, preferably from a real farmer. Do not try this with supermarket eggs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss