Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 970 times

Advertisements

how
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 09:14 AM

11 posts, read 10,773 times
I know of several people, including myself, who have lost weight successfully using a calorie counting app. CalorieKing offers a free app.

Recording calories daily takes a bit of an effort, and a food scale is a must, but the payoff is worth it.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:29 PM

380 posts, read 653,224 times
food

Old 12-28-2015, 01:33 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,817,467 times
Eat at a calorie deficit.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:58 PM

753 posts, read 1,105,280 times
Eat less. Move more.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:51 AM

649 posts, read 570,744 times
I lost 35 pounds in four months by counting calories and exercising. It's a simple formula but it takes hard work. There are a lot of websites that can help you find out what will work with your body. I figured out that I needed to keep my calories between 1200 and 1500 a day and I needed to exercise at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week. The key is to always burn more than you take in.

1200 to 1500 doesn't sound like much but if you eat the right foods you should rarely be hungry. I didn't deprive myself completely so if I wanted cake I ate a small piece and stayed within my calorie allowance.

Good luck, it can be done but you have to want it bad enough.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:12 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdofx90 View Post
how
Is there some immediate need to lose weight? as you can approach the problem several different ways depending on how much you want to lose and how fast.
Change to a more vegetable based diet,exercise more,back off on the wheat based products and the dairy based products and of course processed foods.
Of course knowing what to do and actually doing it are two different things.
keep a record of what you eat,count the carbs. maybe as simple as cutting out something like soda and potato chips or your diet may have to be totally revamped.
My own extra 90lbs is at the point i am suffering some inconvenient/serious health issues,to date nothing sustainable has worked ,time to go extreme for me.Jan 4 we start=
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q=fat+sick+and+nearly+dead
with a switch to a Vegan lifestyle after the weight is lost.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:25 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,423,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdofx90 View Post
how
In order to really help you, we are going to need more than just a one word post on your very first post after joining.

Please see the sticky at the top of this forum, then repost here with info that is specific to YOU and YOUR goals and then we may begin a discussion that would be helpful and beneficial to you. Otherwise, you may just come across as a troll (especially if you dont actively participate in the discussion).

Old 12-31-2015, 03:28 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,299 times
It's the simplest concept in the world. Calories in vs calories out, eat healthy and workout. Cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning works wonders. It's all about will power, that's why so many people fail.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:41 PM

698 posts, read 986,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Is there some immediate need to lose weight? as you can approach the problem several different ways depending on how much you want to lose and how fast.
Change to a more vegetable based diet,exercise more,back off on the wheat based products and the dairy based products and of course processed foods.
Of course knowing what to do and actually doing it are two different things.
keep a record of what you eat,count the carbs. maybe as simple as cutting out something like soda and potato chips or your diet may have to be totally revamped.
My own extra 90lbs is at the point i am suffering some inconvenient/serious health issues,to date nothing sustainable has worked ,time to go extreme for me.Jan 4 we start=
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q=fat+sick+and+nearly+dead
with a switch to a Vegan lifestyle after the weight is lost.
Did you start? If so how's it going? I'm on my third day of a 3 day reboot and I'm considering going 5/7, maybe even 14 days (that would be my max).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
It's the simplest concept in the world. Calories in vs calories out, eat healthy and workout. Cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning works wonders. It's all about will power, that's why so many people fail.
Agreed, it really is a simple concept, however, many people don't know how to get started or even what foods are good and what are bad. I've witnessed this first hand; someone I know was trying to lose weight and they were drinking sunny delight. They honestly thought it was good for them, like orange juice, even though orange juice has a lot of sugar and not good for a diet, but my point is this person honestly thought it was a healthy drink. Many people don't know how to read nutrition labels etc.

OP download MyFitnessPal and use it to count your calories and track your exercise. When you setup your profile it will help you determine how many calories you need to take in, how many you need to burn and the nutrients needed to achieve your weight loss goals. Then it's up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss