Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,667 times

Advertisements

Hi

I am a 28 year old male. I am 6 ft tall and I weigh 186#. However, my calorie intake is way too low. I have been losing weight but I have been eating about 900 calories ( a little less) the past few days. Today was one of the 1st days that I felt like I looked really good in the mirror and my diet was working.

I realize that my metabolism has slowed down because of excessive calorie restriction. I already workout enough and even sedentary individuals should be eating more that double what I eat. Also, I eat very healthy. I mainly eat healthy oils, wild fish, grass fed meat, skinless chicken breast, whole grains, and legumes. I know that I need to eat a lot more (and honestly that sounds like it would be great) but I don't want to gain back all of the weight I just lost. Is there anyway to do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 02:12 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times
Calories in vs calories out

If you want to add more, move more. Instead of walking in the parking lot, skip. I started doing that and I've noticed on my fitbit that I've been showing twice as many "active" minutes than just walking. Have lost 13 pounds in 7 weeks without restricting calories, just moving more.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:16 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyguy11793 View Post
Hi

I am a 28 year old male. I am 6 ft tall and I weigh 186#. However, my calorie intake is way too low. I have been losing weight but I have been eating about 900 calories ( a little less) the past few days. Today was one of the 1st days that I felt like I looked really good in the mirror and my diet was working.

I realize that my metabolism has slowed down because of excessive calorie restriction. I already workout enough and even sedentary individuals should be eating more that double what I eat. Also, I eat very healthy. I mainly eat healthy oils, wild fish, grass fed meat, skinless chicken breast, whole grains, and legumes. I know that I need to eat a lot more (and honestly that sounds like it would be great) but I don't want to gain back all of the weight I just lost. Is there anyway to do it?
What are you trying to do?

Old 02-04-2016, 03:45 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
Sounds like he lost weight by eating very little and now realizes that he should be eating more but doesn't want to just start eating more and blowing up. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you, OP.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:08 AM

289 posts, read 248,441 times
Way to little cant possibly do you any good, I am the same height and weigh 183lb and cut on 2100 calories and this I worked down from 3,000 in gradual stages. and 2,100 calories is my absolute bottom limit.
Would suggest you add two hundred calories a week until you find your maintenance hold it there for a few weeks then if you still wont to drop a few pounds gradually reduce by 200 a week until your losing about a pound a week.
Also make certain that you weigh everything including condiments.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:14 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,307 times
What Is Reverse Dieting (A Comprehensive Guide)

Old 02-06-2016, 05:55 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
You're starving yourself, man. This is not healthy and unsustainable.

Eat more and exercise.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:23 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Eat more protein. Exercise more to gain muscle. That should also make you more hungry. Increase your healthy fat intake, especially with raw salads. Just don't go back on sugar.

Do you feel weak and dizzy and unable to concentrate?

Old 02-09-2016, 10:32 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Sounds like he lost weight by eating very little and now realizes that he should be eating more but doesn't want to just start eating more and blowing up. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you, OP.
Meh.. I lost 30 pounds from early September to late November.. After that.. There was a hot water heater exploding, Christmas, getting sick with a bad case of bronchitis (if you've figured out a way to treadmill while having a coughing fit without busting your ass.. Good for you).. Just a general lack of time.. So, my exercise went to almost nothing.. Eating went south as well..

I regained less than 5 pounds.

Now, i'm pretty sure that if I kept all that lack of exercise and bad eating up.. I would have ballooned right back up.. But..

Back on the good eating bandwagon last week.. Got back exercising yesterday.. I'm within 2 pounds of where I was.

I think the break is actually good, though I likely went a little too far with it... because I had hit something of a plateau.. Now, the weight seems to be coming off easier. I suspect next week i'll be below my lowest weight during this 'diet'..

Old 02-14-2016, 11:12 AM

13 posts, read 11,102 times
Eating healthy and keep being active will help you lose weight, especially if you eat mostly lean protein and a lot of veggies. I stick with protein like nuts and lean meat and lot of veggies and I won't gain a pound even if I don't exercise. The key is a healthy diet with lots of greens, stay active and restrict sugar/refined carb is really important too. Constantly moving around is very important not only to maintain weight but also to stay healthy, if you find yourself sitting for too long watching TV or in front of a computer, get up and do some skipping or just do plank to strengthen your core muscles, something to keep you moving or working your muscles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss