Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2010, 11:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,593,358 times

Advertisements

Hello again,

We just moved to a new state and a new house with Ringo and Lucy. I think Ringo may be having some adjustment issues.

We are in the process of having our fence built; but, until then, are taking them out on a leash several times a day. I've been walking them both first thing in the morning as there is a park just across our street. I've also been walking the two of them together of an evening on different trails.

However, Ringo is very touchy lately. He's been pouncing on Lucy for no reason that I can see. He bit my son behind his ear - with no provacation according to my son. That was just this morning.

Ringo is used to having 1/2 acre of fenced yard - that he would stay in most of the day - his choice. That will not be doable yet for another several weeks.

Since our new house is large AND carpeted, we've been leaving them in their crates when we run errands, etc. I don't return to work until next Thursday. They had full run of my house in our old house and will again ~ when we settle into a routine and Ringo settles down.

Other than walking him further and often - is there anything I can do to calm him down? He's always been high strung but this is over the top and not normal behavior for him. We had issues when we first got Lucy - but those (I thought) had been resolved long ago.

Would welcome any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 02:04 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,105,096 times
I think that you're right -- it's an adjustment issue. I suspect that he'll calm down tremendously once the fence is up and he can rule the roost in his yard.

In the meantime, maybe introduce some new toys to stimulate him? Perhaps those ones that mentally stimulate, by having to get treats out a toy?

I hope that the move was uneventful aside from Ringo's antics and that you're settling in well. I'm sure that Ringo will be his old self pretty soon after the fence is up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs