Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:33 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times

Advertisements

So I ordered a small bag each of Acana and Orijen, online. They arrived today.

I opened them up. Gave Artie an Acana kibble. Meh. Gave Artie an Orijen kibble. CHOMP!

Hmmmm.

Gave Artie a Wellness Core kibble. Meh.
Gave Artie a TOTW bison kibble. Meh.
Gave Artie a TOTW fish kibble. Meh.
Gave Artie an Acana kibble. Meh.
Gave Artie an Orijen kibble. CHOMP!

Never mind that I have whole bag left of TOTW bison, most of a small bag of TOTW fish, most of a large bag of California Naturals (lamb), and a whole small bag of Acana. He's totally into the Orijen, God bless him.

Then I did the test again, opening all the bags in the basement and giving him one of each. Same deal, except this time, he stuck his head INSIDE the bag of Orijen and ate like he was at a freakin' buffet.

So, I just ordered a large bag of Orijen and returned the unopened 30-lb bag of TOTW bison.

Artie's going to be the death of me and my wallet.

Please don't lecture me about how dogs don't need variety and that I should just put his food down for 20 minutes and he'll eventually eat [whatever] when he's good and hungry. That's just not the way we operate here. I want him to ENJOY his food -- he has enough tummy troubles as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 01:49 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,054,865 times
At least Artie found one he likes. My boy is going through his phase now of not wanting to eat his food. Hubby will be hitting the pet store on the way home today to try a different kind. He does this about every 1 1/2 yrs.
What else do we have to spend our money on anyway? My pets are taken care of before I take care of myself.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
At least Artie found one he likes. My boy is going through his phase now of not wanting to eat his food. Hubby will be hitting the pet store on the way home today to try a different kind. He does this about every 1 1/2 yrs.
What else do we have to spend our money on anyway? My pets are taken care of before I take care of myself.
He LOVES it .... for now. I wonder if this is a phase and it will be a "this too shall pass" thing. But for now, I'm thrilled. I've NEVER seen him stick his head in a bag of dog food and just go to town like that. I had THE biggest smile on my face.

If your pet store carries Orijen, I highly recommend it. Tell your husband, though, to cover his eyes while they take the cash out of his wallet. It's quite painful.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:03 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

If your pet store carries Orijen, I highly recommend it. Tell your husband, though, to cover his eyes while they take the cash out of his wallet. It's quite painful.
I had to swallow my pride when I bought the 28lb of Orijen last week to keep a supply on hand in case we run out. I'll go back around the 22nd (next pay day) to see if they still have the six fish otherwise I'll be calling on MAK to ship me some since her store never seems to run out and mine rarely has it in stock.

When I went in there to get their EVO they were out of that but stock full of Orijen. I was happy happy joy joy until I realized it was almost winter and six fish would be out of stock for a long time.

Glad Artie McFartie found a food he likes though

Old 10-11-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I had to swallow my pride when I bought the 28lb of Orijen last week to keep a supply on hand in case we run out. I'll go back around the 22nd (next pay day) to see if they still have the six fish otherwise I'll be calling on MAK to ship me some since her store never seems to run out and mine rarely has it in stock.

When I went in there to get their EVO they were out of that but stock full of Orijen. I was happy happy joy joy until I realized it was almost winter and six fish would be out of stock for a long time.

Glad Artie McFartie found a food he likes though
Thanks, J. But let's keep the excitement at a dull roar for now -- you know how the monster (Artie McF) is known to turn on a dime, and then I'm back to square one.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,428 times
My dog is not food crazy and she's picky about what she does eat BUT she will eat almost anything if I sprinkle it with parmesan cheese. And not that powdery Kraft stuff; she like the pre-grated real cheese from Trader Joe's.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,288,802 times
Artie has good taste! Wait til you try the red meat!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:24 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
It's a blessing to have a dog who will eat anything... including week-old dead cats. Well, that part's not a blessing.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
My dog is not food crazy and she's picky about what she does eat BUT she will eat almost anything if I sprinkle it with parmesan cheese. And not that powdery Kraft stuff; she like the pre-grated real cheese from Trader Joe's.
Artie loves parmesan cheese, but it doesn't like him, so that's a no-no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Artie has good taste! Wait til you try the red meat!
Is that the Regional Red one? The one that's even MORE expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
It's a blessing to have a dog who will eat anything... including week-old dead cats. Well, that part's not a blessing.
Oh, Nanners!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Especially 12-24 hours later. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs