Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 834 times

Advertisements

I inherited a minpin my son rescued while in college. He needed extensive dental work and I thought he wasn't eating bc of pain. We've taken care of his teeth but he still seems to be picky about his food. I have a lab as well and try to feed them the same food but its proving difficult bc the minpin is so picky. A brief background of him is that he eats out of the labs dish, not his own and he eats a few kibbles at a time which he carries away from the bowl. He will eat table scraps. I want to find a food he will eat. I used to think he didnt eat bc of the pain from his rotten teeth. The vet says he is playing me. But now I notice my lab is getting picky too. They leave their food untouched all day and sometime til the next day. He also does not play with any toys and wont chew on things like rawhide or bones. Anyone have any similar issues or any advice.

S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 07:57 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,667,756 times
Try a new food much different than his current kibble. Maybe sweet potato and salmon, for example.

Or mix up some canned salmon with brown rice and some cooked mixed frozen cooked vegies and see if he'll dig in.

Maybe the current kibble is not sufficently tempting to either dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs