Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 AM

7 posts, read 20,898 times

Advertisements

Hello, Im new to this site. I have a Staffy who is 13 month old now. I get asked what type of Dog he is all the time. I have been told by the people I bought him off that his Mum was a Staffy and his dad was a Irish Staffy. I just wanted to know what you lot thought he could be. He is such a great dog and is so friendly. He never barks and has never even groweld at another dog. Our Billy gives the Bull Breeds a good name.

This is Billys Mum

Shes the one on the top of the wall

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,856,918 times
i dunno, his muzzles alittle long to be an irish/uk staffy bull...the european staffies are very blocky!

honestly looking at mommy i wouldnt be suprised if shes got some bull terrier in there, her face just reminds me a little of a bull terrier.
daddy was probably an am-staff or apbt (or not a very good example of an "irish" staffy.)

staffies, both am and euro are great dogs

Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 AM

18,717 posts, read 33,380,506 times
Beautiful dog!
For purposes of home insurance, they are "boxer mix" or "lab mix". At least with my home insurance.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,403,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Beautiful dog!
For purposes of home insurance, they are "boxer mix" or "lab mix". At least with my home insurance.
Amen to that - very nice looking boy but I'd have the vet records list him as a "Lab mix". It could save you from liability issues down the line

Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 AM

I dont understand what you meen by liability issues. Could you let me know please?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,403,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-titch View Post
I dont understand what you meen by liability issues. Could you let me know please?
Unfortunately a lot of insurance companies will not issue home owner or renter's policies to people that have breeds they consider as dangerous. Because of the media hype that has given bully breeds a bad name, staffies are on the top of the list. As I'm sure you know, there are cities where if you even drove in with your dog, they could stop you in your car, take you pup away from you and put it to sleep! I work with a lot of bully breed rescues and it really upsets me how misinformed most people are about the true loving nature of these dogs! However, the reality is that there ARE a lot of discriminatory practices regarding bullies. By listing your beautiful pup as a Lab mix, you would be insulating yourself and him from the discrimination. Its not fair, I know. There are a lot of people working to change it but its going to take time.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 AM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times
You have a beautiful dog.....I love the picture with the furrowed brow. When I was out with my Hannah and people would ask me "What kind of a dog is she?" We decided that the best answer was............."The Good Kind".

Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM

Well I live in the UK and it's not that bad here. I have heard of one being stoped but they asked what he had in the back of his car. His answer was a dog and that was it really. I didnt relise that in the USA they were taking peoples dogs off them for no reason, thats just mad. I so hope it doesnt end up like that over here in the UK. Were trying to get bull breeds a good name, people who havnt had anything to do with bull breeds dont want anything to do with them and the media they get is the main reason behind that. I show people when Im with Billy what can be done if you spend time with them. A dog just wants to please its owners. If it's owner is aggresive towards the dog the dog will be aggresive towards other people. They watch us all the time and learn. I know one thing though, I wouldnt change Billy for the world.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:27 AM

697 posts, read 1,281,198 times
looks like it has some pit bull in it

Old 01-11-2011, 11:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Here is a GOOD STORY about a pit bull mix I saw on TV the other day.

Peanut-detecting mutt Layla sniffs out danger, helps boy fight peanut allergy (http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/pets/2010/11/06/2010-11-06_sniffing_out_danger_peanutdetecting_mutt_helps_ boy_fight_allergy.html - broken link)

Good PR for pitties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs