Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM

718 posts, read 2,079,455 times

Advertisements

One dog just had his sixth birthday. I said "Happy Birthday Rowdy"!
On June 30, other dog will turn one, I plan to say "Happy Birthday Grace!"......I think all they hear is "bla, bla, bla....Grace and/or Rowdy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Seriously?

I don't celebrate Artie's birthday in any party sort of way, but why the snarky comments? Why would you ask the OP if they had no life? There are TONS of people who throw all-out birthday parties for their dogs. There are entire businesses set up for exactly that. So, it's not SO bizarre. It's only bizarre for YOU. So why bother posting on the thread? It's like on the food forum, when the question is "What do you buy at Starbucks?" and people respond with "Starbucks??? I'd never go there! I hate that place." That wasn't the question. The question was "What do you buy there?"

So, this question is "Dog's Birthday: What do you do?"

Either don't answer at all... or say that you don't celebrate your dog's birthday.

Attacking the OP and asking if they have a life is not a valid response to the question.

Thank you. This has been your lesson in etiquette for today.

ETA: I'm sure that, now, I'll be attacked for this comment. But, really, I don't believe that you'd say that to the OP if they were standing right in front of you, and I really have a hard time accepting such rudeness.
Agreed! I'm actually surprised their comments were not deleted as it had zero to do with the question. Thank you for saying something! I tried to rep you but I need to charge my repping wand!!!

To the OP, I usually tell my boys "Happy Birthday." They might get a special treat or new chew toy. They get extra belly rubs and lots of love. (Ha! Sounds like a regular day with belly rubs and lots of love...) I take lots of pictures, where were camera phones 20 years ago, HA! (not around, yet!)

Well, whatever you decided to do, Happy Birthday to you and your PUP! Ignore those that don't have a dog and post on a dog forum (we won't mention names post #2) and then personally attack others...

If you get pictures, we'd LOVE to see them! We LOVE dog pictures whether it's their birthday or not!!! (hint, hint)

Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times
I didn't know this was going to turn into such a hot topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I offer to take her out for a beer, but then I realize dogs aren't allowed in restaurants, so I just go drink a beer without her.

Happy Birthday!!

When I was in Florida recently (where they are more dog friendly than here in KY), there was a restaurant that had a dog menu outside that served beer, and other items. Most restaurants there in South Florida have seating outside so you can eat with your dog.

Here's the bakery I was talking about: Three Dog Bakery

Quote:
Dogmama50 There is no reason to be cruel to the OP for doing something that makes her happy and harms no one. She seems like a fun, kind and caring person to be around.
Thanks for your kind remarks My dog is my family since I have none

Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 PM

8,066 posts, read 12,779,194 times
I usually don't celebrate- I treat them good every day.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
There are only four occupants in our household and we all get homemade cake on our birthdays. The two furry ones love to lick the bowl and get their own plate of cake. They know it's something special, for us any reason to celebrate and have cake is a good reason, so why not celebrate the dog's birthdays too.

There is no reason to be cruel to the OP for doing something that makes her happy and harms no one. She seems like a fun, kind and caring person to be around.
She can be my neighbor any day. So can you.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 AM

3,605 posts, read 9,059,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
She can be my neighbor any day. So can you.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs