Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,174,659 times

Advertisements

Overly Aggressive Neighbors

If you had a neighbor that said.

Quote:
If I see your dog running around on my property and it decides to poop there, bye bye doggie.
Moderator cut: do not insert quote from a different forum please

And your beloved child's pet was killed by such a psychopath what would you do?

Last edited by Keeper; 04-19-2013 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: Do not quote from a thread in another forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,866,274 times
well id be doubly sure my fences were secure, never leave my dogs out unattended and then id file a police report.

anythign else id WANT to do wouldnt be legal and thu not safe for forum consumpton.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
I'm sorry for your loss. See if your neighbor violated any laws firing a weapon on his property. Good luck!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:23 PM

415 posts, read 764,961 times
well. a decent neighbor wouldn't let his dog roam the Hood shi**ing up their yard, would He ?? No, well then all good I would think..

Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,662,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
well. a decent neighbor wouldn't let his dog roam the Hood shi**ing up their yard, would He ?? No, well then all good I would think..

No one said anything about a dog roaming. Dogs do occasionally get loose.

Only a sub human would kill a dog for that anyway. You go through proper channels.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
My former neighbor swears that her next door neighbors poisoned her german shepherd. I think she was right. The dog was definitely poisoned and never left her chain link fenced yard. The new neighbors had young children and were afraid they would put their hands through the fence. What did the neighbor do about it? She sold her house and moved. There's nothing else legal that you can do. It's best to get away from neighbors like that.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:04 PM

970 posts, read 2,214,334 times
I would file a police report if they used a firearm, since that is completely illegal in my city. Same thing with poison, stabbing my animal, etc unless they had some undeniable proof they thought they were in danger (in the case of stabbing).

Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM

32,659 posts, read 48,079,532 times
What you do, OP, is to keep your dog on your own property and do not allow it to wander loose around the neighborhood annoying the neighbors.

If the dog is not over on your neighbor's lawn, that particular neighbor isn't going to shoot it. He said he would shoot it if it is on his property. So keep your dog off his property.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM

538 posts, read 1,012,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
What you do, OP, is to keep your dog on your own property and do not allow it to wander loose around the neighborhood annoying the neighbors.

If the dog is not over on your neighbor's lawn, that particular neighbor isn't going to shoot it. He said he would shoot it if it is on his property. So keep your dog off his property.
I have a fenced back yard so my dog is never loose. Even if he did get loose he has a good recall. BUT if for some reason he didn't want to listen one day, happened to stroll into my neighbors yard, did nothing aggressive at all but step into their yard and the neighbor shot and killed him?

You better go ahead and shoot me too because I'm coming for you and I'm not talking about the legal channel either.

I don't mind going to jail for beating a man's ass because he shot and killed my dog for no reason.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 AM

468 posts, read 583,484 times
Hey, BMW,
what has "firing a weapon on his property" got to do with a "dog nuisance" situation?

Your advice is meant to be malicious? Obviously you have a problem with gun ownership.

As a life long dog owner. FOR SAFETY OF THE DOG, do not let it roam, invest in good fencing.
Don't ingore your dog when it is barking, it is trying to tell you something. Once it knows you heard by YOU CORRECTING what ever he wants you to correct he will stop barking. Nothing worse than a neglected dog barking day and night disturbing the peace.

Go apologize to your neighbor.You are in the wrong. It is your dog and your lack of management is causing a problem. You are the cause of the problem not your neighbor, you are offending him and you don't expect to be "dealt with?" Get real. You are the problem and want to run to the police for being told off??? GET REAL AND GROW UP. Go apologize and get proper accomonation for your pooch.
so he is happy and so is your neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs