Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 07:03 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

In a report that seems like it was lifted right out of the public service announcement highlight reel from Talladega Nights, the town of Maryvale, Arizona is currently dealing with a horrifying problem that is forcing many residents to live as prisoners in their own homes. According to My Fox Phoenix, packs of stray Chihuahuas are roaming the streets and actively recruiting other stray dogs to join their mangy gang of rejects, and they’re all barking and pooping like they own the place.

Read more: A Town In Arizona Is Being Terrorized By Packs Of Stray Chihuahuas
Follow us: UPROXX on Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 04:34 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times
There was a town in England that was being terrorized by a pack of miniature Dachshunds.

Interesting.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:45 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
This "news" really suffers from poor reporting. I saw only one chihuahua, and three dogs total. The "eyewitnesses" were pretty vague as well.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:08 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
I want footage of them taking down a deer.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:16 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
1. Maryvale is not a "town" in AZ, it is a neighborhood within the City of Phoenix.
2. Many of the Chihuahuas are owned and are allowed to roam free at times just like people let their cats roam free at times.
3. There were some Chihuahua breeders in that area until it got so built up, some of the stock were just let out to fend for themselves.
4. Cultural reasons keep many from spaying and neutering their Chihuahuas which results in many stray litters.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:05 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
What scam for ratings. They keep looping the same 3 medium sized stray dogs standing next to 1 Chi mix.

All of the other dogs in the report are Chihuahua pets wearing tags and collars, and one shot of 3 possible Chi mixes in some pound. They even interviewed a Chi owner and you can see his pet Chi lounging on the deck behind him.

Never once did they show a pack of wild Chihuahuas. I guess they are low on news worth reporting.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,761,356 times
The old neighborhood I lived in, which was a few short miles from Maryvale, it wasn't uncommon for small packs of dogs to roam the streets. Made for some dangerous walks with my pup. I called animal control several times. They would come out, attempt to round up the dogs to no avail. Dog catcher came back with tranquilizers. Took the city about a week to finally clean up the neighborhood.

It's sad how people treat their pets. I've seen neighbors abandon their animals in their backyards when the banks foreclosed on the homes.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:09 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
The old neighborhood I lived in, which was a few short miles from Maryvale, it wasn't uncommon for small packs of dogs to roam the streets. Made for some dangerous walks with my pup. I called animal control several times. They would come out, attempt to round up the dogs to no avail. Dog catcher came back with tranquilizers. Took the city about a week to finally clean up the neighborhood.

It's sad how people treat their pets. I've seen neighbors abandon their animals in their backyards when the banks foreclosed on the homes.
That pisses me off. To me, a pet is a family member. They might as well abandon their kids (if they have any) as well.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:05 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,524 times
This is kind of funny, my hubby mentioned this exact story to me a few days ago and I chuckled at the thought (sorry, visual in my own head...)

There is nothing funny about stray dogs chasing kids. There is nothing funny about ankle biters on the loose (if that, is in fact the case.) I will say that the pictures were vague and I would like hard proof. Just call me silly, I think the news reporting was worse than the story.

IMHO.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:10 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Exactly the way I got Pooch. The scum snuck out and abandoned her. In a way, I'm glad they did ... she's been mine for nearly 4 years and is spoiled rotten.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs