Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 1,597 times

Advertisements

For sure he should not be keeping his job as a "cop" he can't even take care of a k.9 how can he look out for the public
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 10:17 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
When I read about any dog or kid dying in a hot car, the thought of them suffering in that heat turns my stomach. This happens FAR too often.
New car manufacturers HAVE to come up with something to alert people of something alive in a vehicle after "X" number of minutes, and they should be a standard part of the vehicle.
That would be easily done, but would incur monthly charges etc from networks to notify the person via txt or whatever way. Dont think many people would use it.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
That would be easily done, but would incur monthly charges etc from networks to notify the person via txt or whatever way. Dont think many people would use it.
Just common f***ing sense. DUH? There's a living being in your car who will die when left in certain conditions. A child, a dog.

How can people be so involved in themselves that they forget they are not alone in their vehicle? Do you really need another app on your cell to tell you that your pets & kids are cooking inside your car?

Apparently, some of you do.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:40 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
When I read about any dog or kid dying in a hot car, the thought of them suffering in that heat turns my stomach. This happens FAR too often.
New car manufacturers HAVE to come up with something to alert people of something alive in a vehicle after "X" number of minutes, and they should be a standard part of the vehicle.
As much as it pees me off to hear of dogs being killed in a hot car, I see no reason why we need another Federal regulation on the car manufacturers to try and cure stupid. And to alert if after x number of minutes something alive in the car is ludicrous. Does that mean in the winter, at 20 degrees, I leave my Malamute in the truck for ten minutes, the alarm would go off?

Make it an option, no problem, but make the majority of the people pay for something they do not need is too much for me. And if it is invented and made mandatory, I can guarantee someone will come along with a device to bypass the system. And I can guarantee I would come up with a bypass the first day I have the vehicle.

Prosecute these people to the fullest extent of the laws (that already exist) and make it known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs