Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 02:11 AM

17 posts, read 15,802 times

Advertisements

Hi guys i just want to sey that dog is doing well he did eat half of cooked chicken breast. He drink water and he didnt want outside.after that i needed to go on job and my sister looking after him until i am back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 04:14 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
EXCELLENT news!!

you can get chicken parts really cheap, doesn't have to be the breast. leg quarters are .79/lb here, maybe cheap there too?
SO much better for him than dog food, also hard boiled eggs as I mentioned.
Boil up a bunch of chicken parts in a big pot, remove bones after it's cooked, add rice and simmer an hour or so.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Oh, that poor pup He's beautiful. I feel so awful for him. Seems like he belongs to someone, and must be missing his family terribly.

Milos, there is a special place for people like you. Thank you so, so much for taking him in. Particularly now, as winter rolls over Serbia.

PLEASE, keep us updated. And...um....I would love a picture of this little guy's face, if you have the time

Old 11-28-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
EXCELLENT news!!

you can get chicken parts really cheap, doesn't have to be the breast. leg quarters are .79/lb here, maybe cheap there too?
SO much better for him than dog food, also hard boiled eggs as I mentioned.
Boil up a bunch of chicken parts in a big pot, remove bones after it's cooked, add rice and simmer an hour or so.
Oh yea chicken is cheap here they even sell parts in store for like 20 cents (for kilo) didnt know about the rice will try it Thanks for advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Oh, that poor pup He's beautiful. I feel so awful for him. Seems like he belongs to someone, and must be missing his family terribly.

Milos, there is a special place for people like you. Thank you so, so much for taking him in. Particularly now, as winter rolls over Serbia.

PLEASE, keep us updated. And...um....I would love a picture of this little guy's face, if you have the time
Hey no problem! i will post dayle pictures of his recover and yea winters in serbia are strong...for now he will stey with me we still looking for the owner
Progress pictures of the wound from day i found him till today

Full image :
http://s7.postimg.org/t260kspff/progrss.jpg

And here is him now! he is still a bit scared but i think he will adept just fine soon.For some reason he like to spend alot time next to door in hallway xD even so i let him in anytime.Sister told me he did eat little more when i was on job

Full image
http://s7.postimg.org/42ncusmnv/IMG_20151128_145357.jpg
http://s7.postimg.org/h9csubid7/IMG_20151128_145407.jpg

Last edited by Milos951; 11-28-2015 at 07:22 AM..

Old 11-28-2015, 07:28 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Oh my goodness......he's adorable.

Keep up the GREAT work, Milos!

Old 11-28-2015, 07:44 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
Oh God what a beauty!

yeah I found buying chicken parts and a big bag of white rice and cooking it up every 3-5 days in a pot is cheaper then the good dog food.
Super cheap dog food is AWFUL.
If you buy a dozen eggs, boil them all up at once and keep in refirigerator in a bowl, and give him one every day, that's cheap too and great for him!

leave the SHELL ON, just mash up the whole egg shell and all, kinda crush it in your hand, the shell is great calcium for him.

I am so happy you found this kiddo, he will be such a great friend to you.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:53 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,558,235 times
Great job Milo, looks like puppy is going to just fine under your care. What a beautiful dog. If no-one owns him, will you be able to keep him/her?

Old 11-28-2015, 01:56 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Hey, man. I just wanted to let you know that I think you're a great person for taking care of this dog so nicely.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Hi guys! quick update:
We go outside now we even played a bit! (4 times today)
He started eating and drinking more now!

One thing that worrys me not sure if it is normal
Since wound on neck is healed there is crust now like i said it become smaller everyday but around the wound it is like swollen or a lump(inside), when i toch it noting it dont hurt him i massage it noting no reaction at all, there is no sound,it dont get bigger ... could it be haematoma?

@OverItAll i made that today rice,eggs and chicken he eat all! xD
@TerraDown's i will keep him if owner dont show up

Old 11-29-2015, 11:50 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,558,235 times
Thanks for the update Milos. So good to hear he will stay with you if no-one claims him!

If you touch/press the spot you're talking of and no puss runs out, at least it is clear of infection-that's the best part.

As for the hardening around it, sometimes wounds do that, and toughen up where there was a break in the muscle wall.

But-I am not a vet, and on the hard spot, can only speculate. If it is at all possible in future, I would have him see a vet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs