Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 01:37 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times

Advertisements

My daughter moved up north(NJ) from Florida. She has a mix Stafford shire Terrier and Boxer(Not positive on the Boxer part). He has grown to be quite a big boy. He lived with my wife and I along with another dog for a year or so after she got her dog. I made the rule that if and when she moved out that she was to take the dog with her. She understood. Well now that she is living with her BF the dog is not happy. He has growled at the landlord, hates the BF and she wants to bring him back down here. I am totally against this. He is a good dog but he is very big and plays very rough. Two dogs is much louder and can be quite annoying. Having one dog is great. Adding him back into the equation makes the whole house very different and I want no part of that. Now I am the bad guy when all along I said when she moved out she was to take him with her. How can I solve this problem without having her mad at me or have the dog brought back down here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 01:42 PM

30,530 posts, read 16,226,596 times
You probably can't. She's going to blame you for not solving her problem.

If you really don't want her mad at you, you can let her manipulate you into doing what she wants.

or you can stand by what you've said all along and make her take responsibility.

Your choice.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:43 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,457,038 times
Parenting problem. Not a pet problem....

Old 11-21-2018, 02:48 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,797 times
She should consider getting a different boyfriend.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:52 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
Trust the dogs opinion of the boyfriend and expect that your daughter and her dog will probably be back living at home soon enough.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:53 PM

1,201 posts, read 804,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
My daughter moved up north(NJ) from Florida. She has a mix Stafford shire Terrier and Boxer(Not positive on the Boxer part). He has grown to be quite a big boy. He lived with my wife and I along with another dog for a year or so after she got her dog. I made the rule that if and when she moved out that she was to take the dog with her. She understood. Well now that she is living with her BF the dog is not happy. He has growled at the landlord, hates the BF and she wants to bring him back down here. I am totally against this. He is a good dog but he is very big and plays very rough. Two dogs is much louder and can be quite annoying. Having one dog is great. Adding him back into the equation makes the whole house very different and I want no part of that. Now I am the bad guy when all along I said when she moved out she was to take him with her. How can I solve this problem without having her mad at me or have the dog brought back down here?
He is NOT a “good dog” if he is growling at the landlord and hates the boyfriend. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Who cares is she gets mad at you, it isn’t your problem. I can’t believe the landlord is even allowing this. Most don’t allow pit bulls. Hopefully your daughter will do the responsible thing before someone is hurt.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:02 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
Dogs are great judges of character !

Old 11-21-2018, 03:15 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Thanks for the replies. I thought the same thing about the bf. This is not going to end well but I am not allowing her to bring the dog back.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:16 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahippo View Post
you probably can't. She's going to blame you for not solving her problem.

If you really don't want her mad at you, you can let her manipulate you into doing what she wants.

Or you can stand by what you've said all along and make her take responsibility.

Your choice.
this!

Old 11-21-2018, 08:45 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,000,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
You probably can't. She's going to blame you for not solving her problem.
or you can stand by what you've said all along and make her take responsibility.
Your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
She should consider getting a different boyfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Trust the dogs opinion of the boyfriend and expect that your daughter and her dog will probably be back living at home soon enough.
I love it! Hehehe! Ya, could be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
He is NOT a “good dog” if he is growling at the landlord and hates the boyfriend. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Who cares is she gets mad at you, it isn’t your problem. OI can’t believe the landlord is even allowing this. Most don’t allow pit bulls. Hopefully your daughter will do the responsible thing before someone is hurt.
OttoR, what is bolded I agree with. But one needs to be careful about clumping the various molosser breeds together like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Thanks for the replies. I thought the same thing about the bf. This is not going to end well but I am not allowing her to bring the dog back.
You know, what I think is the best solution? TAKE THE DOG BACK. Then find it a GOOD HOME. And spend a bit of time to make SURE it is going to a good and proper home.

Do that, and you should have a happy daughter, a happy wife, no problems for yourself, and a happy dog. R-e-s-p-e-c-t all 'round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs