Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 07:48 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious. What kind of dog do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 09:50 PM

947 posts, read 3,409,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
A bad smell and starting out with redness between the toes is most likely yeast -- which is related to food allergies. You can treat the feet but you need to find the underlying cause.

Just like a human, you have to build up the body's natural defense to yeast and you need to change their diet to eliminate sugars and other culprits.

There is plenty of good information about wholistic treatment for this problem on the web. I would not want to give my dog a pill that will further comprimise his freindly flora -- instead, I would look into probiotics and diet.

Yeast Infections In Dogs

Natural treatments for canine yeast infections, fungal infections, ear infections in dogs, seborrhea

Is it Allergies or is it a Yeast Problem? (http://nzymes.com/L_pages/is_it_allergies_or_yeast.htm?gclid=CKqgmYvugJUCFQK cFQodyUjSqw - broken link)
instead, I would look into probiotics and diet.

diet has alot to do with most things on the inside and out of the body.
toxins are most likely trying to escape the body and the feet, being porous is one of the places where this would start.

food allergies is the #1 problem in dogs, does this say anything for the pet food industry.

many years ago we didn't have the industry and we did feed our pets from the table, but then our food was healthier back then too.
I believe with the right recipes, cooking for your pet (giving home prepared meals maybe2 out of 7 days a week) could be easy and simple as long as follow a strict quality recipe.
who would want to eat the same dry kibble each and every day!!??

I would say be sure to check out World Citizen links and suggestions. I agree with much of what was stated.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:22 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,331,320 times
She is a mutt, even the vets can't figure out what she is.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:57 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
World Citizen, Thanks! My vet didn't say anything about food. That was just a typo. Anyway, we feed her Purina Fit and Lean, no table scraps of any kind. We do walk her outside, but usually stay on the side walk.
If your dog's feet smell and itch -- it IS Food Related.... most likely.

I didn't base my answer on your typo but on the smell... that's yeast... and that means it's food related.
Not addressing the underlying cause is not going to have any long term effects and your poor dog is going to be miserable.

Please check out the links I posted.

Smelly, itchy feet are probably food related...

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-11-2008 at 08:22 PM..

Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,358 times
My dog had athletes foot. My vet recomend half vinegar half water spray to dry out the pads once aday prefer b 4 bed.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,711 times
Our boxer dog has an allergy to wheat, he suffers with sore in between toes, he is on a nonehyperalagenic biscuit and has lamb or fish as they are wheat free. He also has body scin probs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs