Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,554,925 times

Advertisements

If she is bonded with the family, have them set out some of their dirty clothes in the general area - often the dog will find the clothes and hang out around them - it is an old hunting dog trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 07:33 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom4792 View Post
Yes, she is microchipped and she has a collar with a 1-800 number on it. She was on a leash - I think I mentioned someone dropped it - but she chewed it off! I was emailing the search coordinators last night and they said they set two traps about a week ago, nothing was touched, *and* the land owner was angry about the traps, even though they were just in a non-agricultural (unmanaged) area. There are of course multiple land owners involved - even some high density residential communities. I'm sure someone would allow traps. I think I mentioned that a farmer called yesterday and said he would shoot anyone on his land. I feel badly giving this state bad press - there are a lot of nice, wonderful people here. Something like this brings out the best and the worst.
I probably know that farmer. Try buying an oil & gas lease from that guy. I don't think it means he's a bad person. He has decided to live out in the country because he likes it quiet and doesn't want a lot of people around.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:56 AM

822 posts, read 3,003,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
If she is bonded with the family, have them set out some of their dirty clothes in the general area - often the dog will find the clothes and hang out around them - it is an old hunting dog trick.
I *think* she had just been with them about a week, maybe two. It still wouldn't hurt to try ...

Old 08-19-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I probably know that farmer. Try buying an oil & gas lease from that guy. I don't think it means he's a bad person. He has decided to live out in the country because he likes it quiet and doesn't want a lot of people around.
yep, sitting on his front porch with his rifle. I know, I know. It's actually a beautiful serene area out there - reminds me of my childhood in central Illinois.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:34 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Put the family clothing near by and the food inside a have a heart trap / cage. The dog is comfortable with cages and the scents should draw her in.

Poor baby... hope she makes it!

Old 08-19-2008, 01:35 PM

OK everybody, she was apparently spotted today along a road in the main search area. That is the first sighting in maybe 5 days. That's all I know and not sure why the person couldn't grab her. Thanks for your, thoughts and prayers - they really must be working!

Old 08-19-2008, 01:53 PM

265 posts, read 1,292,691 times
Wow...you have your work cut out for you. First, cat food--dogs love cat food--or raw hot dogs, something stinky! If you can rig a cage device--my neighbor invented something for capturing feral cats. It's like a low, but wide, wooden box with wire mesh, that's propped upside down so that when the dog enters, it drops, trapping her. Same idea as a Have a Heart, but more ingenious. The other thing is to contact an animal communicator. I can give you the name of one and her contact info if you send me a DM. Best of luck to you and that poor, scared baby!!

~PudelPie

Old 08-19-2008, 03:54 PM

Has anyone suggested dropping a food trail that leads to the cage...??? Like really smelly liver treats (or something else you know the dog likes) on a pathway leading to the cage?

Someone else probably said this already but it sounds like a good idea...

Old 08-20-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Has anyone suggested dropping a food trail that leads to the cage...??? Like really smelly liver treats (or something else you know the dog likes) on a pathway leading to the cage?

Someone else probably said this already but it sounds like a good idea...
Sounds good. I'm passing everything along. I probably won't make it back out there until the weekend, but the Louisville folks are there every day, last I heard. Last night I heard that they put out a trap at the address where she was spotted yesterday. I really thought she would be found ("caught") today, but I haven't heard any news or updates today. Appreciate all the help and support!

Old 08-20-2008, 07:50 PM

Hopefully they will find her before then. Please keep us posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs