Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,682,598 times

Advertisements

Happy Christmas/Holiday Season, Everyone

Just received this email-newsletter I subscribe to; Had to post here because a dog lover on here may just happen to live around the corner ...or knows somebody...(fingers crossed!):

<<<As you know we are dedicated to the concept of adoption and rescue.
This week we had an urgent plea from a veterinarian in Florida to
help save the life of a little 6 month old puppy ...

This adorable little chihuhua mix puppy was brought to an animal
shelter in Florida . She may be euthanized if a home is not
found...Can there be any better reason to adopt a dog than to save
a life???

See the puppy at Violet (http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=FpVza&m=1fwyVc9zBK7D8f&b=h62kt_TmgZZcawsE2UaCog - broken link)

and if you know of a rescue, or someone who has the heart and
patience to care for a disabled puppy please contact us right
away...There is very little time left. The foster is having some
dire personal issues and won't keep her any longer. She has
indicated that she will have her euthanized.

The puppy is in good health and is a sweetheart...she just needs a
home with a big heart.

mail us with any questions at thepressinfo (at) yahoo. com

Adopt a Dog, Save a Life !
Dogs-4Life.com>>>>

Old 12-21-2008, 07:00 AM

549 posts, read 2,206,396 times
It just says Florida...where at? I'm in Jacksonville and would foster or adopt...

What I don't get is...the foster works for animal control....
Quote:
There is very little time left. The foster is having some dire personal issues and won't keep her any longer. She has indicated that she will have her euthanized.
Something just doesn't sound right...but I'm willing to discuss taking her in

Old 12-21-2008, 09:20 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Florida is a large state. It would help greatly to know where exactly this dog is in Florida.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:16 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,785 times
Maybe Jacksonville! I googled the vet's name listed on the linked site and she's mentioned in the photo caption here:

Animal Eye Clinic - About Us

there could be another vet by that name though, it's a huge state...

Old 12-21-2008, 03:19 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,682,598 times
Sorry for any confusion. He says to email him with any questions <<<and if you know of a rescue, or someone who has the heart and
patience to care for a disabled puppy please contact us right
away...There is very little time left. >>>
<<<
<<<mail us with any questions at thepressinfo (at) yahoo. com>>>

thepressinfo@yahoo.com

He's great at promptly answering emails. I took the liberty of just posting the email because I'm sure he wouldn't mind more people (who aren't subscribers) knowing about Violet and maybe writing him. My (aol email) is messed up with Mcafee so I can't count on getting on email all the time.

My first thought was immediately posting here in haste.
I knew somebody would fall in love with her :>)

Last edited by Travel'r; 12-21-2008 at 03:32 PM..

Old 12-21-2008, 06:17 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,665,345 times
Thanx for posting this, if I did not have 7 already I would take her! Someone in here will do a good deed for Xmas and give her a nice warm, safe place. There are all good people in here, especially our Florida rescue friends! Pleeeeeze, someone go get her!

Old 12-22-2008, 05:01 AM

549 posts, read 2,206,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Sorry for any confusion. He says to email him with any questions <<<and if you know of a rescue, or someone who has the heart and patience to care for a disabled puppy please contact us right away...There is very little time left. >>>
<<<
<<<mail us with any questions at thepressinfo (at) yahoo. com>>>

thepressinfo@yahoo.com

He's great at promptly answering emails. I took the liberty of just posting the email because I'm sure he wouldn't mind more people (who aren't subscribers) knowing about Violet and maybe writing him. My (aol email) is messed up with Mcafee so I can't count on getting on email all the time.

My first thought was immediately posting here in haste. I knew somebody would fall in love with her :>)
I did email and haven't heard back. I have to admit, that there's just something about this that's not quite right, and I'd love to be proved wrong. If this is sincere, then I hope this person will email me back and I'm able to help save this dog.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:10 AM

1,477 posts, read 7,912,334 times
I'm sorry, but this forum is for topics of general interest. Posts soliciting help for one specific dog are not appropriate, even though it's heartbreaking not to be able to help.

Let's all hope someone somewhere stepped forward for this poor dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs