Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:14 PM

692 posts, read 3,856,280 times

Advertisements

Teddie has been sick the last four days with both diarrhea and vomiting.

Well on Monday I bought two small cans of Innova Evo (one Beef and one Venison). I felt horrible for working late so many night and I didn't want Velma or Teddie to feel neglected. Buster, Mahalo, and Duncan are happy with kisses and snuggles, but the other two hate me when I don't come home. So I split the cans in half and topped their little bit of kibble off with the yummy treat. They ate a half a can monday and then again on Tuesday since I bought two cans.

Teddie strated getting sick Wednesday and I thought it was simply because he doesn't ever get wet dog food. I waited for it to pass, but this morning he woke me up at 3 o'clock in the morning so I'd take him out. He jumped off the bed and I gathered up Velma for a quick potty break. Ted ran outside as fast as he could and then we all came back in.

Again at 7:45 he woke me up by rubbing my arm to wake me up. I told him to chill out my alarm was going off in 15 minutes. So I layed there and watched him and he obviously couldn't hold it. Up I go, gathering Velma again and heading out the door. I am closing the bedroom door and he couldn't hold it anymore. He stopped at the top of the stairs and exploded. There appeared to have blood in it, but since he'd been getting sick the last three days I thought maybe it was from pushing too much. Then after going out and coming back inside; he goes into the bathroom, opens the shower door and explodes in there too. I thanked him for going in the shower (He's one smart dog!)

I grabbed my phone, called the vet and got him an appointment at 9 this morning. They ran x-rays, blood tests, etc and we figured out he was dehydrated. His vet reccomended keeping him there for the day so he could be on IV fluids. Which I ended up doing, but they called at 12 and said it didn't look good. He got sick in his kennel and there was in deed blood in his stool (if you can call it that) and that the IV was only helping a little.

Ted is now being hospitalized and we'll see on Monday how he's doing. If he hasn't improved by then we'll have to go another rout to see what's going on.

Please keep him in your thougts. All I could think on the drive to the vet was "I can't loose my baby". I'm trying to stay possitive, but it was obvious that he felt like complete crap. He actually layed down, his head too, on the exam table.

I'll keep everyone updated on Mr. Roony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
Prayers for Teddie and his complete recovery! I'm so sorry he's sick!

Did Velma eat the same food as he did? How is she doing?

Old 03-14-2009, 05:35 PM

692 posts, read 3,856,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Prayers for Teddie and his complete recovery! I'm so sorry he's sick!

Did Velma eat the same food as he did? How is she doing?
Yes she ate out of the same can, but we're thinking maybe the can was going back and he got the bad batch? It's hard to say, but right now he's being kept on his IV and also on antibiotics.

I'm hoping that this is all something smaller than it seems and he'll be better really soon.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:38 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,587,058 times
How horrible! Im so sorry for Teddy and you, I know how worried you must be right now. Just keep trying to stay positive, we are all praying for his speedy recovery!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:41 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,148,232 times
Ack no. The poor poppet. My best wishes for you both.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:43 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,911,546 times
Oh, how absolutely awful! Poor Ted! I will thinking of Teddie--and and of you. I know you must be terribly worried. I sincerely hope that he improves soon.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:53 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,666,399 times
That is no fun for a human, let alone a poor animal. I had it last year. I completely dehydrated and had to be put on IV. I then had a reaction to the Cypro they gave me and had double vision for months.

Best wishes for your little guy. I know what he must be going through.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:59 PM

46 posts, read 81,157 times
Oh no!! I will keep Teddie in my thoughts. Please update as soon as you can.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:01 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,901,739 times

I feel like hugging him...and you! Feel better Teddie!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:11 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
Poor Teddie - and poor you! It's an awful feeling when our fur-babies are sick and we don't know why. I'm hoilding Teddie and Miss Velma in my thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs