Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:30 AM

43 posts, read 128,972 times

Advertisements

Recently my dog has been whimpering and barking when I didn't play with it when it sees me doing something else for like 2 hours. And it will keep barking WOOF WOOF!!!! for over 1 hour just for me to go out and play with him fetch!! Then after I play with him for like 30 minutes or 1 hour, and as soon as I reach the door and touch the handle, my dog will RUN as FAST as it CAN and jump on the door and me....

What is causing all these Jumping Problems? I have taught it how to stay already and kept making it remember it. For me it stills remember stay when I just give a firm voice saying "STAY!" and it will and a treat for her. But then when I go out again she will jump and jump!! Please I need help for this Jumping Problems.

For me I think she jumps because of :
To greet people
To attract attention
To go in the house (since for me when my pup was a baby i put it in the house)

So i just wanted to tell you guys if my dog needs a friend. Because im planning to buy 2 more other dogs. 1 for me and 1 for my dog as a friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 01:44 AM

18,728 posts, read 33,396,751 times
If you get two more dogs, I doubt any of the three will understand any difference between being "for my dog" and one "being for me." I mean, you're a household, a group.
That said, I think most active dogs enjoy the company of another dog.
Of course, I must put in the pitch to suggest adoption, not buying. Why buy? (And why call your dog "it?"??)

Old 10-24-2009, 03:27 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,554,925 times
I have had three dogs before - two of them wide open crazy drive dogs like it sounds like your current dog is - if you think more dogs is less work because they keep each other company you may have a rude awakening.

I always think getting a dog as a pet for another dog is a bum rap for the new dog which deserves as much attention from you as the first dog.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetLover321 View Post
To go in the house (since for me when my pup was a baby i put it in the house)
Here's your problem.

You raised the dog as an indoor dog and now you are keeping it outside.

It's lonely outside. Another dog 'friend' won't change that. Then you'll just have two more lonely dogs outside.

You will only solve your problems if you make your dog an inside dog again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetLover321 View Post
So i just wanted to tell you guys if my dog needs a friend. Because im planning to buy 2 more other dogs. 1 for me and 1 for my dog as a friend.
You don't need to get another dog for YOU. YOU already have a dog!

Old 10-24-2009, 09:35 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,604,074 times
I agree with Hopes, it's a drastic change for a dog to be with you inside all the time to being outside alone. Is there a reason you decided to keep the dog outside instead of inside? Did she get obedience training as a puppy and if not does she have bad house manners? Wouldn't you rather have her well behaved inside than rambunctious and uncontrollable outside?

What breed is your dog? She may need more exercise and stimulation. Dogs need playtime, walks, training etc every day.

By introducing another dog/s into the situation, you would be doubling her behavior problems instead of solving them. Your new dog will learn bad behavior from your current dog or not get along with her etc Not to mention another dog means more training for you and more of a time commitment. Please bring your dog inside and work with her on training and behavior problems first and if after that you truly feel that you're up to the responsibility and lifetime commitment of owning another dog (and everything that goes along with it), that would be a better time to adopt.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:20 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Your dog wants to come in the house! I would bring her in. This is what she is trying to tell you.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:56 PM

43 posts, read 128,972 times
Ya but both my brothers hates this dog and my dog will straightly go upstairs and annoy them.... I'm fine if its inside is just that my two brothers keeps complaining..... And when i told u it was first kept in the house, I meant by when it was a baby/puppy.

First i got it for free when Ebony was 5 weeks old so i put in the house to keep it safe. And as it grew to 6 months old, I put it in the back garden with 2 gates so it wont chew on the plants and dig holes there to get herself dirty with soil. And now when it is 8 months old , I put it in front where the car porch is and the whole of the front garden so it can run around.

So i'm planning to buy a gate to block Ebony to go up stairs. But the problem when its in the house is that is will pee/poo everywhere.... and then my father will whack Ebony WHEN I KEEP TELLING HIM NOT TO!! That is why he started putting Ebony OUTSIDE..... I keep telling my father that I can toilet-train it..... But he keeps saying put it outside....

I know how to toilet train it. You just need to take a tissue and drain the pee if it pee and put the tissue when you want the dog to pee and let it smell the pee at the place you want it to pee. Then if it poo, you take a spade of something and let it smell it to the place you want it to poo. And of course put a sandbox so it can pee/poo there once it knows that the place there is the place for your dog to pee/poo.

So i'm not saying that I don't want it in the house. Its just that I have no time to train it. I only can train it for 10-20 minutes for 1 day. But can any of you tell me how to train it not to bite/chew on stuff? Ebony loves to chew on soft stuff and I'm afraid Ebony may chew on the furnitures (especially pillows). That is the only thing i need help with since i know how to toilet train it.

Also when i keep Ebony inside, Ebony will be the same as when i put Ebony outside except not as lonely.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:00 AM

18,728 posts, read 33,396,751 times
May I gently say that it sounds like the OP impulsively took a puppy "for free" and doesn't have time to properly care for the dog (why keep calling the dog "it?") and maybe didn't concur with family members. And if the father is "whacking" the dog... Please, do NOT get any more dogs. And maybe consider giving this one to a home that has time for her/him and will not neglect or whack the poor thing.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:24 AM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,973 times
My thoughts exactly.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:21 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Adding more dogs to this mess would be a disaster!

Do this poor dog a favor and find it a new home with good owners!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs