Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 01:07 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Well, it did not take long for you to start calling names now did it?Just a response to your scarcasm.... If I was being a smartass (sic) I would point out that "smart ass" is two words, not one. And that "particularly" is misspelled. Glad you can admit what you are. Is saying you talked to "people in the industry" supposed to suggest they are highly qualified energy analysts? If they were, you would be providing data, not vague generalizations. No it is not. But people who have worked in an industry for years and years understand the ebbs and flow of it.

We did not have shale production and fracking in the seventies. I believe that is the difference. It is "a" difference. But fracking operations still have personell, equipment, and investors.... Which is what I have already outlined to you in detail will be the choke point if things continue long enough.But, you never really answered the questions I asked or addressed my point. I have. If I hadn't you would have made reference to it. I believe that production will pick up as soon as it is profitable and it won't take fifteen years this time around. (again) as I have already said: how long depends on the duration of the artificial manipulation and how badly the investors are burned. In any case, we have more options today than ever before regarding energy. People like to make money and people like to have jobs, that we can count on. The rest is hard to predict. Yep, we will pay it, so they know they ban bend us over at will...

BTW, the article you linked is from 2007. And does not even touch on the current shale phenomenon or the topic at hand.
I am well aware that the article is from 2007, if you actually paid attention to what you read you would of seen where I told you to pay attention to all the different dates...

A truck is a truck, a personell are personell, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 02:01 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I am well aware that the article is from 2007, if you actually paid attention to what you read you would of seen where I told you to pay attention to all the different dates...

A truck is a truck, a personell are personell, etc
Then you should be aware it predates the shale/fracking boom and has nothing to do with the topic at hand either. And still does not support the notion it takes 15 years to respond to rising oil prices in today's energy environment. Which was the original point you floated.

Is a personell the same as "personnelle" or "personnel"? Either way it is plural, not singular.

However, if your "personell" are so interchangeable, it certainly wont take long to train them!

Let me know when you get tired of all the obfuscation. I'll be here waiting.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:34 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Then you should be aware it predates the shale/fracking boom and has nothing to do with the topic at hand either. And still does not support the notion it takes 15 years to respond to rising oil prices in today's energy environment. Which was the original point you floated.

Is a personell the same as "personnelle" or "personnel"? Either way it is plural, not singular.

However, if your "personell" are so interchangeable, it certainly wont take long to train them!

Let me know when you get tired of all the obfuscation. I'll be here waiting.
Whatever dude, if you wish to ignore the fact that both traditional oil wells and wells which require fracking require certain equipment:

Enjoy.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:40 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Whatever dude, if you wish to ignore the fact that both traditional oil wells and wells which require fracking require certain equipment:

Enjoy.
What? Well drilling of all types requires certain equipment? Well, I'll be!

Old 03-13-2015, 01:29 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
At today's crude prices, it is below cost of production. At this time in places like North Dakota, they have slowed drilling, and are capping wells waiting for prices to go up to where they are profitable again to pump up and sell the oil. They are not interested in selling oil below cost of supplying the oil.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:10 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,379,685 times
Storage capacity is about to reach its limit. Oil is overflowing!

Record U.S. Oil Glut May Fill Storage, Cut Prices - Bloomberg Business

Shall we now buy our own oil tanks to be put in our yard? lol!

Old 03-13-2015, 11:20 AM

519 posts, read 597,704 times
We're in a recession and the dollar's adding to the pressure.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:42 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
"rational" and "economic" don't really go together in that way because people do not behave rationally.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:48 PM

47 posts, read 60,395 times
Congress Critters are back to work..... wait until August when they go on vacation, need to fuel their boats etc. It will and ALWAYS goes down, back up then down again for their Dec. break....que the that is not true people. Yes there is more complicated, economic reasons but look up, follow the money and the ones in charge.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:56 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMama View Post
Congress Critters are back to work..... wait until August when they go on vacation, need to fuel their boats etc. It will and ALWAYS goes down, back up then down again for their Dec. break....que the that is not true people. Yes there is more complicated, economic reasons but look up, follow the money and the ones in charge.
what always goes down? and since when?

in the 1800s "they" said we would run out of coal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics