Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 10:34 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
So what did you think of the arguments presented?
Everything changes. It's up to you to keep up.

Let me know when Rosie becomes available, I'll buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 11:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Well are you ok with people dying in the streets because there's no jobs. I get where your coming from but this technology will change everything. Check out that link I posted it is scary what this automation is going to do.
You didn't answer my question.

Are there enough rich people in America to fork over $3-4 trillion dollars every year to support the rest of the country ?

Old 02-28-2016, 11:39 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You didn't answer my question.

Are there enough rich people in America to fork over $3-4 trillion dollars every year to support the rest of the country ?
Beats the alternative people dying in the streets unless thats what you want a purge of people who can't find work.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:03 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,252,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The seeds for a global dictatorship are being sown right under our noses
The key to a successful global government is that half the budget should be for investigating and prosecuting government corruption. Citizens could vote for bureaucrats instead of politicians. Politics could be made illegal. Voting could be via the internet. People could be required to consider their votes carefully, by requiring them to vote several times over a period of several months, and not accepting the final vote count until there was a persistent majority through several months of voting. People could vote against existing bureaucrats any time they wanted to, to try to remove them from office. We would also need something like a "don't ask don't tell" policy about religion, to make sure no religion could take over the government.

Putting half the government budget into investigating and prosecuting government corruption sounds like wasteful economics, but it would be the best way to keep corruption out. It would be like spending half your food budget on keeping your kitchen clean.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Beats the alternative people dying in the streets unless thats what you want a purge of people who can't find work.
Well since you can't or won't answer the question I will answer it for you.

There are not enough rich people to support an annual $3-4 trillion dollar giveaway to the government each and every year from now to eternity.

So you better think of a Plan B.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:20 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,252,530 times
Quote:
The important figure is GDP. It doesn't matter how many rich people there are. It only matters whether everyone can be supported for significantly less than GDP. But since they obviously can, it's not actually an issue. A much bigger issue is politics. There are a significant number of people who actually want unemployed people to be dying in the streets, to reduce their population.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Well since you can't or won't answer the question I will answer it for you.

There are not enough rich people to support an annual $3-4 trillion dollar giveaway to the government each and every year from now to eternity.

So you better think of a Plan B.
So are you proposing limiting technological change to keep people employed?

Old 02-28-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
So are you proposing limiting technological change to keep people employed?
I'm not proposing anything. Just letting you know that there is no one to fund this pipe dream of basic income.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I'm not proposing anything. Just letting you know that there is no one to fund this pipe dream of basic income.
Well something will have to give once the majority are unemployed. So far you haven't exactly convinced me your solution of letting people die in the streets is a good idea.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
The important figure is GDP. It doesn't matter how many rich people there are. It only matters whether everyone can be supported for significantly less than GDP. But since they obviously can, it's not actually an issue. A much bigger issue is politics. There are a significant number of people who actually want unemployed people to be dying in the streets, to reduce their population.
the GDP that includes the values of pictures hanging in government buildings ?
the GDP that includes the values of inventories that aren't being sold ?
the GDP that includes promises to pay out money in the future ?

Are you forgetting they changed how they calculate the GDP which gave it a bump of 3% due to some imaginary numbers ?

The GDP means squat when you will have 300 million people waiting for that monthly check.

It's an oxymoron to want to reduce the population while having an open borders approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics