Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 05:59 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Without wishing to sound overly stupid...

What might the average investor sitting on cash do? Frankly I am little concerned my monies are losing value when compared to assets such as housing , stocks etc. (no loans and about 70% in stocks 30% cash..)

Does one just buy some of the high priced housing or gold? what is one to do?

I really mean it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 06:22 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Without wishing to sound overly stupid...

What might the average investor sitting on cash do? Frankly I am little concerned my monies are losing value when compared to assets such as housing , stocks etc. (no loans and about 70% in stocks 30% cash..)

Does one just buy some of the high priced housing or gold? what is one to do?

I really mean it....
70/30 with cash is reasonable IMO. Maybe short term bond fund.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:31 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,595,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
The idea is very interesting but it begs the question, what is money if it can be had in exchange for nothing?
Money in exchange for nothing has been going on for a very long time, it has just been more easily obscured and it has gone into the pockets of the very few.

Helicopter money is an intelligent response to the messes we've acquired, which manifest as inflated currency value (and persistent trade deficits), and low consumer demand. Printing money debt free would lower the US$ exchange value, close the trade deficit, and increase inflation, real wages, and domestic real investment.

Should have been done years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics