Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 10:40 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
after Trump anounced that he is going to check NAFTA in 200 Days, Stocks of Companies like FORD, GENERAL MOTORS, ADM, INGREDION, COCACOLA, PEPSICO etc. have fallen. And the savings of US citizens invested on them for thei retirement have seen their welth to disapear...

Are we facing the future of a empoverished American society whose saving for retirement became ashes after Trump?
No, but we are facing a future of stupid uninformed investors.

CocaCola and PepsiCo plants located in Mexico manufacture and distribute in Mexico only. They do not export to the US. NAFTA has no effect on them and PepsiCo was in Mexico before NAFTA.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:58 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,018,697 times
Hecho en México Coke is made with cane sugar for export to the US. It can be found on shelves everywhere. It's a favorite among both immigrants and American hipsters.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:00 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I guess they need to sell those and move the money to diversified funds.

Ford is not a Mexican company. Ford & GM are global. None of the car manufacturers are single-country, any more. Coca Cola is global. I have that one and am not worried and have no plans to sell it. It pays a decent dividend. I'm not familiar with PEP's business, but I would think it's global, as well.

all global Brandings need to get their registers here in Mexico to Work. After NAFTA bilateral agreements were also signed to allow that companies registred in USA may also work in México with their names and with an easier tramitation of Brands, But, if NAFTA is Going Over, Those Brands can leave here, Extraterritoriality does not apply in commecial matters.

Did you know that China didn't gave a ..... for Patents? they began to respect patents after they were allowed into WTO, If Trump ends WTO... What can prevent China to violate all patens recorded in the USPTO? If USA cuta Trade with all countries to get employment back ¿What can prevent other countries to have trade with China violating Patents?

I mean I can even make business in Cuba and Never to put a foot in USA again ¿Do I care? ¿Do I fear to be persecuted by the US Law by violating its commecial blockades on Cubans?... No I Don't. That is stupid.

And we need globally to learn to live and trade without US Dollars.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:47 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,552,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
after Trump anounced that he is going to check NAFTA in 200 Days, Stocks of Companies like FORD, GENERAL MOTORS, ADM, INGREDION, COCACOLA, PEPSICO etc. have fallen. And the savings of US citizens invested on them for thei retirement have seen their welth to disapear...

Are we facing the future of a empoverished American society whose saving for retirement became ashes after Trump?
This post is off-base on so many levels:

1. Broad stock market indicators such as the Dow, NASDAQ and S&P have gone up over the past few days.
  2. It's way too early to tell what the long-term effect of Trump's policies will be on the stock market as a whole or any specific stocks (since he hasn't actually taken office yet).
  3. Most retirees or close-to-retirees are not advised to invest heavily in one company or just a few companies, to the point that their entire net worth would swing wildly with the worth of those companies.
  4. Of all the possible ways I'm worried that Trump will crash the economy, this must be among the least.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:56 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,669 times
Trump hasn't shown his stances on NAFTA. Then Markets are going ease. Wait until January. and enjoy your Holydays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics