Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 05:44 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
https://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Detroit-Michigan/

Are you poor and renting and bemoaning the late start?

Play another game. Freaking Detroit is up double digits this year. Most people can afford a home in Detroit. NYC used to look like Detroit. Remember when Times Square was the theme for every burnt out murder and prostitute film? Remember when NYC's Chinatown....looked like a stereotypical Chinatown? Or when Italians lived in the Italian Village? That's when $100K could buy you something in NYC....not after it was all nice and fashionable again.

Granted, I'll give that it's hard to save up and float a downpayment, but you could do it on a credit card advance in Detroit.

Also, Detroit used to be the 2nd largest city in the country...before being eclipsed by Chicago, and later LA eclipsed both.
If I have a dollar and find another dollar on the ground that’s a 100% gain in 1 day!?!?!?!?

Old 11-24-2017, 06:05 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
If I have a dollar and find another dollar on the ground that’s a 100% gain in 1 day!?!?!?!?
Really....so now the argument is real estate is too cheap?!? How about Vegas?

Personally I don't understand the want to live in San Francisco. It's cold, old, foggy and rainy and doesn't all the "wonderful zaniness" just get old after awhile? Wouldn't it be nice to go to great restaurants without a wait and not have to worry about entitled homeless taking off with your food? To go to a parade with your family and not have to worry about some loser walking around naked with his junk on display? To go to a friend's house and not have to worry about parking? To truly not give a care about the first world problems always discussed with such vigor and passion? To drive your car with at least a small modicum of self-preservation present from the pedestrians you're sharing a road with?

Maybe not. Indeed, if that's the case, you are well placed. Stay there. Keep renting. Forever.

https://www.trulia.com/real_estate/L...market-trends/

Old 11-24-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Really....so now the argument is real estate is too cheap?!? How about Vegas?

Personally I don't understand the want to live in San Francisco. It's cold, old, foggy and rainy and doesn't all the "wonderful zaniness" just get old after awhile? Wouldn't it be nice to go to great restaurants without a wait and not have to worry about entitled homeless taking off with your food? To go to a parade with your family and not have to worry about some loser walking around naked with his junk on display? To go to a friend's house and not have to worry about parking? To truly not give a care about the first world problems always discussed with such vigor and passion? To drive your car with at least a small modicum of self-preservation present from the pedestrians you're sharing a road with?

Maybe not. Indeed, if that's the case, you are well placed. Stay there. Keep renting. Forever.

https://www.trulia.com/real_estate/L...market-trends/
It would be nice to not roast to death or freeze my nuts off. Also I’m sheltered from rents.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:10 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,650,035 times
Next genius statement by the Fed: people with nicer and more expensive cars generally have more money

Old 11-24-2017, 07:53 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah the system is stacked against me it's not fair it couldn't possibly be my behavior etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Blah blah blah the system is stacked against me it's not fair it couldn't possibly be my behavior etc.
Having 'em both in the same thread is like seeing a crocodile and an alligator in the same pond, it's a special treat!

Old 11-24-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Having 'em both in the same thread is like seeing a crocodile and an alligator in the same pond, it's a special treat!

So investing every penny is a behavior that isn’t rewarded?

Old 11-24-2017, 08:22 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
So investing every penny is a behavior that isn’t rewarded?
Wait, aren't you the guy that claimed only a few hundred out of the 4-5 million in Phoenix metro area work outdoors, despite BLS data showing almost 100k in construction and lawn care alone? All to support a rationale that your risk of death is high from weather, to justify your poor personal finance decisions? Is that you? I think it is.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:23 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:

dammmmitt. Good thing I was sitting back from the keyboard when I saw that before I spit out my soda.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Wait, aren't you the guy that claimed only a few hundred out of the 4-5 million in Phoenix metro area work outdoors, despite BLS data showing almost 100k in construction and lawn care alone? All to support a rationale that your risk of death is high from weather, to justify your poor personal finance decisions? Is that you? I think it is.
Saving 99% of your post tax income is a poor personal finance decision? I don’t get it.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:59 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Saving 99% of your post tax income is a poor personal finance decision? I don’t get it.
yep, I'm sure you don't.

99% means you don't pay for any living expenses in life out of your own pocket.

So I guess mommy buys all the food, cooks for you, buys your clothes for you, etc. Pretty much what a mother does when she is taking care of a 5 year old boy.

You don't even pitch in to help your mom with any of the household expenses like utilities, maintanence, etc.

99% means you don't own a car you bought, it must be that Mommy bought you one and pays for gas, insurance, repairs, etc.

I thought while living at home you at least pitched in something. Others who are forced to live at home usually contribute a little something.

I didn't think it was possible, but I have even less respect for you now than I did before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics