Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,076,390 times

Advertisements

So what do you think ? McCain and Obama are for it. they are asking for LOANS...so it will eventually be paid back.

May be voted on by this week in Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,407,609 times
I think they need to have industry analyst look at the big 3. See what their future plans are. Are these plans feasible? Are they forward thinking enough? Will they make the companies cutting edge to lead into the "new age"? If not then, don't give up crap.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 PM

1,915 posts, read 8,000,517 times
I have to laugh, because in another thread, it was said "now all we need is GM or Ford to go bankrupt and get bailed out so the government is into auto too".

Old 09-17-2008, 01:07 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,291,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I think they need to have industry analyst look at the big 3. See what their future plans are. Are these plans feasible? Are they forward thinking enough? Will they make the companies cutting edge to lead into the "new age"? If not then, don't give up crap.
Ford is bringing in some of its' Euro cars to the US (designed/engineered in Dearborn, MI, and built in Kentucky)... and consolidating its' supply chain and regional divisions to gain more synergy.

I'm seriously considering trading in my japanese econo car for a designed and built in America one.

-chuck22b

Old 09-17-2008, 01:08 PM

They should have done this a long time ago.....alas.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck22b View Post
Ford is bringing in some of its' Euro cars to the US (designed/engineered in Dearborn, MI, and built in Kentucky)... and consolidating its' supply chain and regional divisions to gain more synergy.

I'm seriously considering trading in my japanese econo car for a designed and built in America one.

-chuck22b
Well, peak oil and all. I don't see petrol based cars keeping them on the cutting edge. I have not heard them speak of anything that has really kept up with current realities. Unless of course they have something up their sleeves.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Well, peak oil and all. I don't see petrol based cars keeping them on the cutting edge. I have not heard them speak of anything that has really kept up with current realities. Unless of course they have something up their sleeves.
Humanoid seems to believe that American companies have something underneath their sleeves ... at least in terms of shipping jobs overseas and investing billions in another country. As we can see now... a jobless lower/middle class collapse is pulling everybody down the toilet.

It started with manufacturing... then to white collar jobs... With lower paying jobs and little prospects, the lower/middle classes resorted to debt and get rich fast schemes to get ahead.... as we see now, when the lower/middle fall... so do the white collar upper middle and other jobs.... the US follows suit going down the drain.

For the companies who haven't developed alt. power trains... it'll probably be cheaper to license the technology from somebody else. Ford might very well license GM tech into their vehicles. Like I think Nissan does with Toyota.

-chuck22b

Last edited by chuck22b; 09-17-2008 at 01:30 PM..

Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
They should have done this a long time ago.....alas.
They tried to build a larger small car fleet (fusion, focus, etc.)... but Americans wanted Trucks! instead. It requires a huge knock on the head (financially, and economically), to get Americans to reduce waste.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:56 PM

I have dual citizienship (Dutch) I am moving to Holland where they are super stable. See ya ! Actually, I have heard many American that had dual citizenship and had it lapse or gave it up, are re-applying in droves....JUST IN CASE. America....land of opportunity ? Man..what if.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck22b View Post
Humanoid seems to believe that American companies have something underneath their sleeves ... at least in terms of shipping jobs overseas and investing billions in another country. As we can see now... a jobless lower/middle class collapse is pulling everybody down the toilet.

It started with manufacturing... then to white collar jobs... With lower paying jobs and little prospects, the lower/middle classes resorted to debt and get rich fast schemes to get ahead.... as we see now, when the lower/middle fall... so do the white collar upper middle and other jobs.... the US follows suit going down the drain.

For the companies who haven't developed alt. power trains... it'll probably be cheaper to license the technology from somebody else. Ford might very well license GM tech into their vehicles. Like I think Nissan does with Toyota.

-chuck22b
something up their sleeves eh? *chuckle*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics