Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:40 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
OK...yeah, and the plane that hit the Pentagon is really on a desert island with Elvis and Jim Morrison. Enough already with the wacko leftist views.
It is not a leftist view. You must know nothing about economics. Second you do not understand that they plan the Iraq war since 1998.(The administration admitted that they plan the attack before 9/11) Have you heard about the think tank called the Project of New America Century. The Project of new America Century believe that our government needed to rebuild its army because Clinton cut the arm forces. In their statement they wanted a new pearl harbor to happen that would lead them into war. This would help our economy and give us a big defense. It was signed by Elliott Abrams Gary Bauer William J. Bennett Jeb Bush(gov of FL)

Dick Cheney(VP under bush) Eliot A. Cohen Midge Decter Paula Dobriansky Steve Forbes

Aaron Friedberg Francis Fukuyama Frank Gaffney Fred C. Ikle

Donald Kagan Zalmay Khalilzad I. Lewis Libby Norman Podhoretz

Dan Quayle Peter W. Rodman Stephen P. Rosen Henry S. Rowen

Donald Rumsfeld (DOD sec. under bush) Vin Weber George Weigel Paul Wolfowitz(world bank under bush)

They state:
Our aim is to remind Americans of these lessons and to draw their consequences for today. Here are four consequences:

• we need to increase defense spending significantly if we are to carry out our global
responsibilities today and modernize our armed forces for the future;

• we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values;

• we need to promote the cause of political and economic freedom abroad;

• we need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity, and our principles.
Statement of Principles

So to help you understand English, they wanted America to use there Armed Forces to Promote ECONOMIC FREEDOM and PROSPERITY. Oh, this is not a conspiracy it actually happened. The new pearl harbor was 9/11. They increase there defense budget to unheard of spending. They did not have just 1 war they actually had 2 wars which is rare for any president. There companies and interest made a lot of MONEY. They were able to strike fear in to Americans which is there values and beliefs. They needed to strike fear to keep the war machine moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
It is not a leftist view. You must know nothing about economics.
Yes it is; Yes I do. I also know a leftist diatribe when I read one. I won't debate you with facts because you don't want to believe them if they don't align to your preconceived notions.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:05 PM

897 posts, read 2,457,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Yes it is; Yes I do. I also know a leftist diatribe when I read one. I won't debate you with facts because you don't want to believe them if they don't align to your preconceived notions.
what are your facts????? My notion is just as preconceived as yours.

Please tell me what year had the lowest unemployment rate ???

What is a neoconservative???
the dictonary states this :
1 : a former liberal espousing(adopting) political conservatism
2 : a conservative who advocates the assertive promotion of democracy and United States national interest in international affairs including through military means
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...eoconservative

Bush is a neo con. There traits are
Neoconservative
Conservative on social issues,
support Economic freedom,
and Militarily aggressive
http://politicalquiz.net/

Last edited by shibainu; 02-09-2009 at 12:23 PM..

Old 07-13-2010, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,038 times
Better check the info. on Carter, that is talk radio junk. Carter did better than most on unemployment and debt. He only added $300 billion to the debt in 4 years and kept unemployment under8%. The inflation rate was the main thing that he couldn't control. He handed Reagan a $970 Billion National debt and Reagan ran it up to $3.5 Trillion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics