Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:11 AM

6 posts, read 18,827 times

Advertisements

i live in texas and from my research there is not much bank of america
can do if i default ,,,,other than attack my bank account....i have been at wells fargo(used to be 2 other banks) for over 20 yrs. if i remove myself from wife and our joint account and stop all auto deposits,,,can they attack my wife account....i am the only one on the gold card,,but not sure because texas is community property....You know in the letter i got explaining being tied to the prime interest,,,they don't even have to use
that if they choose not to,,can use any rate they want......You know the gov't bail them out(actually we foot that bill), and they get healthy on our backs and now they attack us,,, i would like to see ken lewis and richard crawford and the big whig lady i talked to out behind the barn for about
5 mins each,,,bet we come to an understanding!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 08:14 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,413,242 times
I don't really see how the executive leadership of a bank has much impact on your decision to use a credit card and possibly STEAL the goods and services that have been charged on it.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:48 PM

you obviously haven't been told one thing then switched to another,,,,what do you think the executive leadership in our whole country has been doing for years,,if you don't think they have been stealing from ,,,,then your in la la land

Old 10-20-2009, 01:09 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,292,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner44 View Post
you obviously haven't been told one thing then switched to another,,,,what do you think the executive leadership in our whole country has been doing for years,,if you don't think they have been stealing from ,,,,then your in la la land
Then pay them the principal you borrowed plus the interest you agreed to, and default on what's left beyond that. Defaulting on the entire debt because you're less likely to be pursued among the thousands of others defaulting in this collapse is really no different than looting a store after rioters have broken the windows.

If you're honest, you'll pay back what you borrowed, and the interest you agreed to...that part is black and white. If you decide to loot the store, don't come around here looking for us to respect you for it.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:13 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,442,095 times
If you made the purchases, then you should pay for it. If you don't - the rest of us will... someone has to pay... there is NO free lunch.

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-20-2009, 01:16 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
Quote:
i live in texas and from my research there is not much bank of america
can do if i default ,,,,other than attack my bank account....i have been at wells fargo(used to be 2 other banks) for over 20 yrs. if i remove myself from wife and our joint account and stop all auto deposits,,,can they attack my wife account....i am the only one on the gold card,,but not sure because texas is community property....You know in the letter i got explaining being tied to the prime interest,,,they don't even have to use
that if they choose not to,,can use any rate they want......You know the gov't bail them out(actually we foot that bill), and they get healthy on our backs and now they attack us,,, i would like to see ken lewis and richard crawford and the big whig lady i talked to out behind the barn for about
5 mins each,,,bet we come to an understanding!!!!!!!
I'm really tired of deadbeats driving up the fees and APR on my credit card. I've never had a late payment, I've always made more than the minimum payment, and yet because of people like you, rates on people like ME have gone up.

Thanks ever so much.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:45 PM

luvin every minute of it,,,at 65 i've never defaulted on a loan in my life,,,paid off 2 houses and 6 auto fully,,,,you guys like being screwed around go and keep bending over,,,dead beat i am not
and a thief i am not,,,hate to have any of you jerks at my back when its time to defend,,but if i am offending any of go up to Boa and hang around in the lobby and ejoy the s**TT* aroma.....i want post any more none of yor are smart enough to give any sensible advice anyway....

Old 10-20-2009, 01:53 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
Quote:
luvin every minute of it,,,at 65 i've never defaulted on a loan in my life,,,paid off 2 houses and 6 auto fully,,,,you guys like being screwed around go and keep bending over,,,dead beat i am not
and a thief i am not,,,hate to have any of you jerks at my back when its time to defend,,but if i am offending any of go up to Boa and hang around in the lobby and ejoy the s**TT* aroma.....i want post any more none of yor are smart enough to give any sensible advice anyway....
If you are deliberately defaulting on a credit card, you ARE a thief and a deadbeat. You bought that stuff, now pay for it.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:16 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,720,684 times
Quote:
Delicious irony.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:19 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,161,273 times
Quote:
To take your question at face value, yes they can get a court judgment and yes they can come after your bank accounts and assets.. you may find liens placed on your properties if that's all they can get to.. the only people who are getting away with delinquencies are those who have no money and no assets, so the banks can't collect anything from them.. and they shouldn't have been loaned anything in the first place. So you better be prepared to disappear off the face of the earth, so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics