Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,203,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Good grief! I wonder who was going to do a panty check? No nipples allowed?

As always, it takes one who has no common sense, and then rules need to be outlined for everyone. We used to be allowed to wear shorts, normal, modest, appropriate tan Dockers type, that went to the knee, until some dumb bunny barely out of college brat, wore a pair that would have gotten her kicked out of Hooter's for being too short...no more shorts for anyone.

I am talking summer school, in Las Vegas, and no AC in the old schools....for Special Ed..
My former school district was like that, too. Instead of talking to the one person who didn't have the common sense to wear appropriate shorts they banned them for everyone. That is also why you can't bring your child to school because a night janitor used to combine babysitting her toddler grandchild with doing her job. Now, teachers can't bring their teen/tween to school during the summer (non work days) to help clean or put up bulletin boards. Sheesh! Just tell the aide her shorts are too tight and too short and tell the janitor that she can't bring her toddler grandchild to work with her.

Last edited by germaine2626; 09-15-2013 at 02:53 PM..

Old 09-15-2013, 04:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
My former school district was like that, too. Instead of talking to the one person who didn't have the common sense to wear appropriate shorts they banned them for everyone. That is also why you can't bring your child to school because a night janitor used to combine babysitting her toddler grandchild with doing her job. Now, teachers can't bring their teen/tween to school during the summer (non work days) to help clean or put up bulletin boards. Sheesh! Just tell the aide her shorts are too tight and too short and tell the janitor that she can't bring her toddler grandchild to work with her.
I'm not real keen on this "talk to the person" if there's no policy in place. It looks like harassment. I don't know why the policy couldn't be written for shorts to have to be a certain length, e.g. fingertip, no more than so many inches above the knee, etc.

Bringing kids to work is also a touchy issue. I've done it (for a meeting or some other short time), lots of people at my office do it, esp. the doctors. I don't know how you'd write up a policy for that, and letting some do it and some not, even though you and I can see the difference, can be very tricky.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:20 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,857,700 times
one of our new art teachers stopped one of our spanish teachers the other day for dress code then realized she wasn't a student but a fellow teacher haha. the spanish teacher has been here for 4 years and is 26 i believe but does look 17ish and can sometimes dress 16ish so i can see the 40 year old new art teachers point haha albeit mistake. we have some old lady teachers who dress like slobs though too.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:46 PM

4,491 posts, read 4,994,271 times
last year we had a sub in the elem. school wearing thigh high boots with skirts.
Yeah, Julia Pretty Woman Roberts boots around 5th grade boys and catty female teachers???
You can imagine the uproar.
The Only Gay Male teacher LOVED them!!!!
I saw her in the morning during Libary time...
By Lunchtime she had on flats.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,099,602 times
9th grade English class, early '70s, the teach was probably not long out of college and was quite attractive. She wore tight button shirts and mini-skirts, and had a habit of sitting on the corner of her desk with one leg crossed over the other...I was always an English whiz, but I flunked that class, and probably so did every other young male in her classes.

40 or so years later, I can still remember her name and what she looked like. Can't remember anything else about that class though.

A school full of kids with raging hormones is NOT the place to try to look 'sexy' if one's job is to educate them in other areas. Kids have enough problems without the added distraction of daydreaming about boinking the teach. It should be common sense, but, apparently, some have to be told.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-16-2013 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: removed some over the top details.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:28 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,997,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Why was race material to this discussion?
I thought the same thing! Was the teacher putting herself in a dangerous situation, being a White female exposing her stupid little nips to the Black students? I do declare!!!

Seriously, I had a music teacher in middle school who didn't wear underwear. He would often sit on the desk and his little "member" was always on one side of his slacks. Uncomfortable!

Old 09-16-2013, 06:54 AM

8,109 posts, read 7,482,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Instead of talking to the one person ... they banned them for everyone.
Zero Tolerance, anyone? Unless the administration has both a spine and a willingness to litigate in favor of sensible policies, they are going to err on the side of "easy". This goes not only for teachers' underwear, but for every aspect of the school system.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:12 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,567,314 times
And I think this thread has veered far enough into the hot for teacher zone and out of anything to do with education.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education