Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:45 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,953 times

Advertisements

They have improved amid adversity. If they make the NCAA's its a successful season. If not they will go unnoticed outside of El Paso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 10:22 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,443,437 times
So, are they good, bad, ugly? Have not followed UTEP b-ball in a long time (I am UTEP alumni).

Old 02-15-2014, 08:04 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
So, are they good, bad, ugly? Have not followed UTEP b-ball in a long time (I am UTEP alumni).
They had a top 25 recruiting class coming into the season. It fell apart in August. From day one we were short staffed. Then three players were kicked off the team for gambling (not point shaving). A lot of people, not just on this forum, lost faith and jumped off the train. Still, UTEP led (and leads) the conference in attendance. It is a beautiful thing. The real Miner fans stayed the course. The Miners have overachieved since those three players were kicked off the team (including the team's leading scorer at the time). They are 8-2 in conference play and in a tie for first place.

There is a home game tonight.

One more home game after that.

And then we host the Conference USA basketball tournament.

This can still be our year!

Win or lose, I'm a fan, and I hope some City Data regulars will check out a few of the games mentioned above!

Old 02-15-2014, 10:14 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,443,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
They had a top 25 recruiting class coming into the season. It fell apart in August. From day one we were short staffed. Then three players were kicked off the team for gambling (not point shaving). A lot of people, not just on this forum, lost faith and jumped off the train. Still, UTEP led (and leads) the conference in attendance. It is a beautiful thing. The real Miner fans stayed the course. The Miners have overachieved since those three players were kicked off the team (including the team's leading scorer at the time). They are 8-2 in conference play and in a tie for first place.

There is a home game tonight.

One more home game after that.

And then we host the Conference USA basketball tournament.

This can still be our year!

Win or lose, I'm a fan, and I hope some City Data regulars will check out a few of the games mentioned above!
In the past I try to catch a game when they come to Houston, but since UH left now there is only the Rice games.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:59 AM

26 posts, read 47,766 times
I've been to a few games this season, including the barnburner Thursday night. Even wore a black shirt. My only gripe about UTEP's home basketball games -- other than all the prescheduled "official" timeouts -- is that they crank up the sound system's volume too high.

Which is why I wear earplugs throughout.

I know it's too loud when I can feel vibrations from both the music and the PA announcer's voice in the chair I'm sitting in.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:20 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
It might be your specific area and/or hearing issues. I have never heard that complaint before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso