Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 09:39 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,083,948 times

Advertisements

Not sure if many here are familiar but we do not have one in El Paso. They're all over central Texas.

I really like them, especially their house brands which can save a decent amount of money. Their stores are clean and workers are pretty friendly.

I think having one or two in EP would create some competition and that always benefits the consumer.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 10:50 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,035,334 times
As it creeps further and further out west to places like Odessa and Lubbock, I'd say the probability increases. They would be in competition with Albertson's and Lowe's/Food King. The former will be easy to compete against, but the latter may have some regional loyalty in their court. Both offer inferior products when compared to HEB.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:18 PM

11,811 posts, read 8,018,631 times
We’ll trade you an H-E-B for your connection to the national power grid

Old 08-12-2021, 03:09 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post

Umm...no we won't. Kroger and Food Town are terrible. LOL

Seriously, HEB has recently gone in Lubbock and San Angelo. The manager of the Lubbock store said HEB has plans for 4 more Lubbock stores and they were moving on to Midland and El Paso some day.

Yeah...it sucks with no HEB. I did 4 years at Texas Tech back when there was no HEB in Lubbock and man...did I miss HEB!

Old 08-15-2021, 06:17 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
El Paso is such a "Walmart Town" and wanting cheap stuff. I am always amazed that Whole Foods has lasted as long as it has. I go in there just to window shop ( while my car is being serviced at Resler Automotive). The prices have come down a little since Amazon bought them but rarely do you see a lot of folks there.

I also think that Albertsons -Safeway will try to keep HEB out. When visiting relatives in in HOU or AUS, we have been impressed with HEB and would like to see them come here but I think it will be a while if or when it happens.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:44 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default It will kill competition...

I think HEB would take away so much business from other grocers, it might not be fair competition as HEB would not be happy with just one store, they'd probably build multiple over time.

Not to add salt to the wound, but HEB even exists in Mexico! Damn!

Old 08-16-2021, 03:25 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
I hope you get one soon. Who knows, start pestering them, call customer service, email, write in, have everyone you know do the same. Heck, start a petition. Can't hurt.

One thing about it, when they do get there you'll see one heck of a grocery war. It will put you in mind of the old gas wars we use to have. We have a super Walmart that HEB built not a mile away from and they sent them into a spiral and kept it up for the longest time. Good times for the shoppers.

Old 08-16-2021, 03:37 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default Agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I hope you get one soon. Who knows, start pestering them, call customer service, email, write in, have everyone you know do the same. Heck, start a petition. Can't hurt.

One thing about it, when they do get there you'll see one heck of a grocery war. It will put you in mind of the old gas wars we use to have. We have a super Walmart that HEB built not a mile away from and they sent them into a spiral and kept it up for the longest time. Good times for the shoppers.
You all living in El Paso may be thinking you are getting a deal, but without competition, you would not know it. When our kids were young, I took my wife to visit my family. While there, she went shopping for the kids and came back and saying how much more expensive items were than in Houston. This had to do with the competition in Houston, not that Houston is automatically cheaper. Some things were less expensive in El Paso, mostly local items, but other things, like yogurt, kids snacks, etc. were more in El Paso by 30-50%.

I hope El Paso gets HEB; El Paso has been catching up a lot over the years to what the rest of the state/country have, and I think they should also have the HEBs, or in particular, HEB Plus to start! There is also an HEB Central Market which competes with Whole Foods.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:37 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,427 times
Its coming. Lubbock finally got HEB. Ditto for San Angelo.

You will love HEB and forget all about those other grocery stores.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:51 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
damn right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso