Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:44 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times

Advertisements

Offshore Outsourcing Pioneer and Enemy of American Workers Actually Running for Congress on Long Island, New York!

Take note of Randy Altschuler of Manhattan (with a token residence in St. James NY) who is vying to win the Republican primary so he can challenge NY Congressional incumbent Tim Bishop (D).

This guy is a former top firm investment banker who made a FORTUNE offshoring American jobs to India utilizing his company, Office Tiger, which he formed with another investment banker (who also apparently thought he wasn't wealthy enough from investment banking).

Randy Altschuler SPECIFICALLY USED HIS CONNECTIONS AS AN INVESTMENT BANKER TO TARGET BACK-OFFICE JOBS IN NEW YORK when he created his company. And he wants to represent us, the people whose jobs he sent to India? Can you imagine what he will do if he is elected to Congress with those connections? Nothing good for the middle class, that's for sure!

Beware: If you still have a job and your job can be done remotely by COMPUTER or by TELEPHONE, Randy Altschuler wants to put you on the unemployment line and send it offshore for his own profit!

Office Tiger started with back-office investment bank work and has since branched out to sending higher and higher levels of white-collar work currently done in the USA to India and other low-cost labor markets. His business is putting more and more Americans out of work, preferably permanently. The only employees he will hire in the USA or the UK are salespeople to go out and convince other businesses to offshore jobs to Office Tiger. So for every job he "created" as a New York businessman, literally thousands have gone offshore permanently. All so HE and his business partner can have more money than they would be able to spend if their lifespan was 1,000 years!

Note Altschuler "loaned" his own campaign almost $2,000,000.00 and that's only a drop in the bucket of what he made profiting by putting Americans out of work.

If anyone reading this is a registered Republican and in the 1st Congressional District of NY, please vote AGAINST Randy Altschuler in the primary on September 14. Vote for one of his challengers: George Demos or Christopher Cox. A vote for one of them is a vote to save American jobs.

More info:

Randy Altschuler Outsourcer of American Jobs runs for congress

Information on his company, Office Tiger, told in glowing terms by the Indian press (BUSINESS INDIA INTELLIGENCE):

OfficeTiger: Tiger, tiger, burning bright

Let Altschuler know what you think of his plans to be in Congress:

Randy Altschuler for Congress
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 03:48 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
The race is going to be competitive, but its very unlikely Bishop loses. The Primary between Altschuler and Cox (Nixon's grandson and another piece of work) has been very ugly.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:56 PM

There's another person in the primary too: George Demos.

I can understand why a lot of people are fed up with Bishop, but they need to temper it with reason. If Altshuler becomes the Republican candidate, we need to understand that electing a man who made his fortune sending American jobs overseas is a little too dangerous. I think that the way he abused his connections on Wall Street in order to take jobs away from fellow New Yorkers would be a drop in the bucket to how he would abuse his connections in Congress. Besides that, Long Islanders will look completely moronic: "Look at those idiots! They elected a man who sent thousands of New Yorker's jobs to India to represent them in Congress!"

Old 09-08-2010, 04:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

I can understand why a lot of people are fed up with Bishop, but they need to temper it with reason. If Altshuler becomes the Republican candidate, we need to understand that electing a man who made his fortune sending American jobs overseas is a little too dangerous. I think that the way he abused his connections on Wall Street in order to take jobs away from fellow New Yorkers would be a drop in the bucket to how he would abuse his connections in Congress. Besides that, Long Islanders will look completely moronic: "Look at those idiots! They elected a man who sent thousands of New Yorker's jobs to India to represent them in Congress!"
Sadly, there are people on these threads that applaud guys like this joker for the mere fact that he has an "R" after his name. Sickening! To some, money is no longer their God, it's the greed of the filthy rich that they admire and worship.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Demos really doesn't have the $$ to be competitive. Altschuler has already dumped $2 million of his own $$, Cox $1 million, Demos hasn't dumped any of his own $$ in. Demos had the least cash on hand of the three as of the last report (Aug 25) of about a little over $100,000, and only spent about $400,000. Meanwhile Cox has spent $1.3 million Altschuler about $1.6 million, Altschuler still had $1.3 million Cash on hand.

Also, Altschuler already has the conservative line on the November ballot, so if either Cox or Demos win the Primary, it will be some vote splitting for the GOP, especially if Altschuler keeps spending. In the end I don't think Bishop has much to worry about, especially considering the top of the ballot will work in his favor.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Demos really doesn't have the $$ to be competitive. Altschuler has already dumped $2 million of his own $$, Cox $1 million, Demos hasn't dumped any of his own $$ in. Demos had the least cash on hand of the three as of the last report (Aug 25) of about a little over $100,000, and only spent about $400,000. Meanwhile Cox has spent $1.3 million Altschuler about $1.6 million, Altschuler still had $1.3 million Cash on hand.

Also, Altschuler already has the conservative line on the November ballot, so if either Cox or Demos win the Primary, it will be some vote splitting for the GOP, especially if Altschuler keeps spending. In the end I don't think Bishop has much to worry about, especially considering the top of the ballot will work in his favor.
Money runs everything, huh?

Figures the guy with the MOST $$$ was the one who earned it throwing others under the bus of unemployment!

Seems like so many people are mad at Bishop though ...

PS: Good thing I posted this thread here because it too got thrown under the bus ... as being "inappropriate for the LI forum."

Old 09-08-2010, 05:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
randy will long be remembered along with other great statemen, like benedict arnold.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Money runs everything, huh?

Figures the guy with the MOST $$$ was the one who earned it throwing others under the bus of unemployment!

Seems like so many people are mad at Bishop though ...

PS: Good thing I posted this thread here because it too got thrown under the bus ... as being "inappropriate for the LI forum."
I was just about to post on the LI forum when I noticed it was locked there.

As far as people being mad at Bishop, some are, but I think part of that also is simply the loudest voices aren't always representative of most of the voices.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,540 times
I usually vote Republican, and have also voted Democrat many times in the past (including Presidential elections). This Republican candidate is a crook and should not be allowed to hold office. Someone in NY needs to organize a fund raiser for the Dem. so he has the proper funds to run his campaign to beat this scumbag.

Any candidates in my own state (regardless of their party) that have moved our jobs overseas or voted to allow illegals to come in and take over, will NOT be getting my vote.

I'm tired of this bit with "business as usual" because it's killing this country. I want responsible folks (regardless of their party) running our government. I don't think that's too much to ask, and we deserve it!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I usually vote Republican, and have also voted Democrat many times in the past (including Presidential elections). This Republican candidate is a crook and should not be allowed to hold office. Someone in NY needs to organize a fund raiser for the Dem. so he has the proper funds to run his campaign to beat this scumbag.

Any candidates in my own state (regardless of their party) that have moved our jobs overseas or voted to allow illegals to come in and take over, will NOT be getting my vote.

I'm tired of this bit with "business as usual" because it's killing this country. I want responsible folks (regardless of their party) running our government. I don't think that's too much to ask, and we deserve it!
Bishop is pretty well funded, had a little over $1.5 million in the bank as of August 25th, which is a bit more than Altschuler had, but Altschuler will probably go into his bank account and throw more $$$ at this race. At this point I think Bishop will just sit back and allow the Republicans to tear each others heads off until the GOP Primary next week. Its pretty nice to sit back and watch Republicans tear each other to pieces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections