Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:14 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
I bet it sucks when people wake up one day and realize that the people that they have been kicking around..........vote.
Now that's funny, and accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 07:15 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Difference is, we know where the money is coming from, on one side.
Wrong. Media Matter, Moveon, Stink Progress AND their parent organizations don't give up their donors.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
No, the public union members that are also taxpayers are making the contributions.

Just because the private sector, including the Federal Reserve Bank, which is NOT a government agency, totally devastated the economy with the housing speculation fueled by false mortgages is your sacred idol, your incredible hatred for the people that supply your water and take away your dung is not justifiable. I am sympathetic if you have lost your private sector job because of the off shoring, factory closures and housing collapse, but none of these were created by the public sector employees except for the few at the very top that were corrupted by private sector interests.

I believe our economic crisis was caused by too much money gambled at the top and too few public employees to provide a stable consumer base.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:30 AM

45,249 posts, read 26,488,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
No, the public union members that are also taxpayers are making the contributions.

Just because the private sector, including the Federal Reserve Bank, which is NOT a government agency, totally devastated the economy with the housing speculation fueled by false mortgages is your sacred idol, your incredible hatred for the people that supply your water and take away your dung is not justifiable. I am sympathetic if you have lost your private sector job because of the off shoring, factory closures and housing collapse, but none of these were created by the public sector employees except for the few at the very top that were corrupted by private sector interests.

I believe our economic crisis was caused by too much money gambled at the top and too few public employees to provide a stable consumer base.

Since the public workers union is funded by all taxpayers it's more than a hypocrisy and misuse of our monies that they would be making political contributions to candidates of their choice.

The rest of your post is off topic mumbo jumbo.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:31 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,231,928 times
No, Greg, don't let the facts get in the way here. That is a little too much to ask.

Facts are not something these people are equipped to handle. They don't know how.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:39 AM

783 posts, read 815,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Thats true.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:40 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,231,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Since the public workers union is funded by all taxpayers it's more than a hypocrisy and misuse of our monies that they would be making political contributions to candidates of their choice.

By proxy?

Your full of crap. You do not own public workers.

Last edited by Pandamonium; 10-22-2010 at 07:54 AM..

Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Difference is, we know where the money is coming from, on one side.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/10/us.../10donate.html

Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
Pandemonium - It is not that folks like DeForest do not know but that they do not want to accept reality.

Once a person accepts a wage it is not their concern where the money came from. The wages are their money and they, as any other individual, may spend it as they please. If they want to contribute to a union campaign fund that is their right. It seems to me that some people would remove public employees’ rights by creating a special set of 2nd class citizens’ controlled outside of their working environment like so many private sector employees that are forced to live in the right neighborhood, go to the Right churches and sent their kids to the right schools if they ever want to be considered for advancement.

Besides, none of the people complaining were very vocal when the private sector executives were making millions for the same work as a 100k/y government executive.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

Where do you get your logic? Public workers unions are funded by public workers. They do a job/provide a service and they get a paycheck for it. What they do with that paycheck has nothing to do with the tax payers funding anything. You could make the same case for my company--my customers pay me, so do you think they have any say in how I invest or spend my money? Wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections