Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,456 times

Advertisements

Watchdog: LA voters told to vote after election - SignOnSanDiego.com

Could this have been an honest mistake? Or was it another attempt to keep Latinos from voting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Default Robocall tells Maryland Democrats to Relax While the Polls Were still Open

Democratics denounce robocalls telling voters to 'relax' - baltimoresun.com

Voter suppression?

Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,762,668 times
Awe poor little voters that can figure anything out for themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl5DlrsU90

Old 11-04-2010, 04:28 PM

Apparently they did figure it out. Voter supression is a crime. Looks like you condone criminal activity.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:42 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,218,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Awe poor little voters that can figure anything out for themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl5DlrsU90
This is why hard core R's get the bad rep they do--constant whining about Obama and threats to impeach him (over what exactly remains a mystery), and then laughing and making fun of people when they show evidence of a serious crime committed on the R side. Pretty much everyone hates hypocrites.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:42 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,003,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
How many votes would this call have suppressed exactly?

Really, are there any voters out there who actually listen to robocalls? As soon as I hear a computer voice on the other end of my phone I immediately hang up.

It's like political junk mail, as soon as I see the flyers in my mailbox I toss them in the garbage before I go into the house.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:25 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,625,524 times
tsk tsk tsk......

Everyone knows the ACCEPTABLE way is to stand out front of polling places with nightsticks like the Black Panthers did. Those phone calls are just unacceptable.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
How many votes would this call have suppressed exactly?

Really, are there any voters out there who actually listen to robocalls? As soon as I hear a computer voice on the other end of my phone I immediately hang up.

It's like political junk mail, as soon as I see the flyers in my mailbox I toss them in the garbage before I go into the house.

Clearly it didn't suppress enough for whoever came up with this not so bright idea. It really doesn't matter how many it did or did not suppress. It's illegal and morally wrong. I'm sure if this was reversed and done to Republicans, you wouldn't see it this way.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
tsk tsk tsk......

Everyone knows the ACCEPTABLE way is to stand out front of polling places with nightsticks like the Black Panthers did. Those phone calls are just unacceptable.

This thread is not about the Black Panthers. Neither is acceptable but please stick to the topic at hand. Tha Black Panthers have been discussed in numerous threads. Pick one and get your rocks off. This is a different topic.

Thanks

Old 11-05-2010, 10:43 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,853,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Could this have been an honest mistake? Or was it another attempt to keep Latinos from voting?
HONEST MISTAKE??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... surely you jest.

There is no "honesty" in politics, especially in robocalling. There also have been calls in many places telling people that the volume of voters was so high, they were going to split the voting into two days, with Republicans voting Tuesday and Democrats voting Wednesday.

While I think people are idiots for listening to a stranger on a phone telling them something without verifying it first, it still is shocking, the depths to which some will stoop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections