Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
So once again we prove we are not ruled by men but by judges. State law says the ballots will be spelled correctly and the circle filled in. Sad day for democracy. What does Alaska's people get out of it? Two liberal Senator's that are from different parties that vote right in step with the most liberal President we have ever seen. I personally wish they never certified this election. Lisa needs to switch parties and just admit she is a liberal baby killing democrat.
Oh yeah. Now there's a rational point of view!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 08:59 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,850,901 times
Quote:
Spelled correctly would be the same as appears on the declaration. Everyone knows this, especially Liberal Lisa. She spent a ton of money handing out pens and braclets and she spelled it out in her campaign signs and her tv ads. Everyone appears to know the Alaska law except the liberal judges and the two of you.
Okay. If you say so. You are right. 2 Judges, the Alaska Division of Elections, and 5 other judges on the Alaskan Supreme Court have judicial knowledge that is inferior to your own. Good to know. I guess anyone can get on the Alaskan Supreme Court if some anonymous republican poster on City-data knows more about the law than them.

I still am truly interested to know if you hold the same standards to the Supreme Court when they decided Bush vs. Gore? Or does your indignance at judicial activism mysteriously dry up when your guy wins?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Spelled correctly would be the same as appears on the declaration. Everyone knows this, especially Liberal Lisa. She spent a ton of money handing out pens and braclets and she spelled it out in her campaign signs and her tv ads. Everyone appears to know the Alaska law except the liberal judges and the two of you.
Voter intent is what matters. It was clear that more voters wanted Murkowski to be their Senator than Miller. I don't see how any reasonable person can argue that the guy who came in second should have won the election.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Voter intent is what matters. It was clear that more voters wanted Murkowski to be their Senator than Miller. I don't see how any reasonable person can argue that the guy who came in second should have won the election.
I don't either. And yet I lived thru the 2000 election.

IT IS NICE though to watch Republicans eat each other.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:15 PM

313 posts, read 324,765 times
I am not a lover of either Bush. But it must have be devine providence we didn't end up with that global warming waco, Gore.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I am not a lover of either Bush. But it must have be devine providence we didn't end up with that global warming waco, Gore.
Well, divine intervention or not, by your arguments in the Miller Race, you believe that Gore should rightfully have been president?

Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
IT IS NICE though to watch Republicans eat each other.
I just find some of the illogical thinking amusing.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 01-03-2011 at 10:59 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 11:32 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
As it appears does not always = exactly how its spelled. The wording is murky. Anyway, even without those ballots Miller still trails by over two thousand votes.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM

313 posts, read 324,765 times
Tag teaming and deleting my post does not make you right. Yes i am smarter then the Supreme Court and disagree with almost every decision they make, fore they were taught in our liberal colleges by liberals and they do not study the Constitution they swear to uphold. I am sure if i counted those votes according to the state law of Alaska, Joe Miller would have won.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Tag teaming and deleting my post does not make you right. .
Aw. A persecution complex. You do realize we cannot erase your post dear. Moderators do that when they think you are blathering about nothing.

Quote:
I am sure if i counted those votes according to the state law of Alaska, Joe Miller would have won.
Perhaps if more than just you and Joe Miller thought that, the Joe Miller would have won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections