Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 11:41 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times

Advertisements

The productive lame duck session looks like it helped Obama quite a bit. According to McClatchy-Marist poll, Obama now leads Huckabee 50-38, he lead Huckabee 47-43 in December. Obama also leads Romney by a similar amount of 51-38. Romney actually narrowly led Obama 46-44 in December. Obama absolutely destroys Palin 56-30, Obama led Palin 52-40 in December.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/static/pd...ll_January.pdf

Btw, I'm not saying this poll is accurate, I just thought it was a bit interesting. My guess is while Obama is likely leading both Romney and Huckabee, the margin is probably over stated. I wouldn't be surprised if the Palin margin wasn't far off since she is getting demolished in every poll.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The productive lame duck session looks like it helped Obama quite a bit. According to McClatchy-Marist poll, Obama now leads Huckabee 50-38, he lead Huckabee 47-43 in December. Obama also leads Romney by a similar amount of 51-38. Romney actually narrowly led Obama 46-44 in December. Obama absolutely destroys Palin 56-30, Obama led Palin 52-40 in December.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/static/pd...ll_January.pdf

Btw, I'm not saying this poll is accurate, I just thought it was a bit interesting. My guess is while Obama is likely leading both Romney and Huckabee, the margin is probably over stated. I wouldn't be surprised if the Palin margin wasn't far off since she is getting demolished in every poll.
No, I don't think it was the Lame Duck session, I think it was the past few weeks only and no, I don't think the poll is accurate necessarily but as you know I don't think either Romney or Huck will get the nod, so who really cares at this stage? Right now we can have fun predicting who we think will be the candidate and we can start to look at the prospective candidates more seriously but let's not put to much into any polls for another 9 months or so.

Nita

Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Anything to keep the bots hope.

None of these 3 will be the nomination so this poll is totally useless.

Move on, hope is still there.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
I love polls that rely on what ifs and supposition to make such statements.

Have any of the three you named declared an intent to run?

Have they been cammpaigning non stop to reach their goal?

Obama has never quit campaigning, even when he should be concentrating on governing.

In other words, another feel good attempt to help the dems.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
I love polls that rely on what ifs and supposition to make such statements.

Have any of the three you named declared an intent to run?

Have they been cammpaigning non stop to reach their goal?

Obama has never quit campaigning, even when he should be concentrating on governing.

In other words, another feel good attempt to help the dems.
love the part about Obama never stopping his campaign. Even his speech the other night, after Tuscon though one of his better ones, sounded like someone on the campaign trail.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections